Thread: Starting to Learn on 95 G30 5.7 for Towing

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    To try and isolate the problem I downloaded the last trial version of datamaster. It does almost exactly the same thing as TunerPro. So it's definitely not a software problem. The key on engine off data passed fine. Once the engine is started the data goes nuts and the program starts alternating ALDL connected and ALDL disconnected. It would pass the cable test with the engine off, but when the engine was on it would say the connection was fine, but the computer returned unrecognisable data. The ECM in it now is a swapout from another 95 in the wrecker a few days ago. Just to rule out a bad ECM. I have two now. Both run fine in the van. The sample rate is a slider in Datamaster, and sliding sample rate just slows or speeds up the errors and data, the ratio of good data to bad looks to be unchanged.

Today I ran temporary test leads to all major ground connections to double check myself. No changes in errors. I did notice that the DA connection rate engine off, key on is about 10 or 11hz. The rate once the engine starts varies between about 4 to under 1hz. Most of the time it's under 1hz. Not sure if this is a clue or the product of my symptoms. It may be hokey but just to see I started temporarily wrapping a few components in aluminum foil to see if that would reduce interference if there was any. No changes in the data. I did the coil and the large wiring harness where it crosses all four plug wires underneath the distributor. The harness and the plug wires are in factory locations.
    Last edited by donf; 08-24-2017 at 04:34 AM.