Quote Originally Posted by donf View Post
A few more days of messing around with tuner pro. The history timing tables don't make crazy numbers, with the altitude scalar turned off, but still do not make a lot of sense. I have initial timing set at 9.8, the open and closed spark tables are basically stock vortec with a few corners smoothed. PE spark is 2-3 depending on where in the chart its at. Overall very conservative. The logged numbers in tunerpro history and running averages are still not matching the timing tables. So much so that I am wondering if the base timing is included like the Main spark table, or if its separate. That's why the timing is where it is, until I can figure out reasonably what the engine is getting spark wise. Just adding 10 for the initial advance if its not included plus 2 or 3 for PE still does not completely explain the logged numbers in history. Some areas get close with +10/13 but other areas are still low or way high. I have attached a pdf of the main spark table, with the latest history and running average under that. I am just trying to figure out what is going on better. Its a learning curve. The van actually pulls better than before the head and cam swap so I think it was worth the headaches.
To know if the base timing is accounted for you would need to look at the equation for the spark advance in the .ads file.

I really need to pull the $OD Hack and look at it really well. Something tells me that zero'ing out the altitude spark bias is what is causing your values to be off so far. Where there is a bias table their is an offset value.

There are also other spark advance tables in play that would keep you from matching the Main Spark advance table. Abuse Mode spark retard, Coolant Temperature compensation, Catalyst Overheat spark, etc come to mind.