Thread: Starting to Learn on 95 G30 5.7 for Towing

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks for the advice! I think the problem may be in the ADX file, it's the one with the crazy spark readings and the logging problem. There are a lot of things turned off from the factory on the G30 bin like the cat overheat. I returned the altitude table to factory. but left the scalar turned off for now. The Ignition module is a Borg Warner not OEM. If next weekend is good weather I may drag the dyno out and see if the dyno can read the changes. When switching a few things off and on, if it's really altering the timing that much, there should be a change in turning off the scalar. I want to try to figure out why this is acting the way it is so it doesn't all of a sudden add 15 degrees more timing for some reason when the table is adjusted for some mystery defect. I think I may just switch logging over to the ALDL Scan Program. It seems a little more stable, timing wise. John the programmer thought the funny numbers may have something to do with signed data. He has been a great help! The bin started with the factory bin with the transmission shift and vss tables lifted from a BYJM with its lower gear ratio. Its changed from there but I try not to change stuff for no good reason. Like the PE. It looks bad on the chip, but whatever they do its a millisecond until it hits 12.5 AFR at WOT, not 15 seconds like tuner pro says. I figured eventually, once it's a little more dialed in, I will leave it at WOT for an extended period to see if it goes crazy rich once that kicks in.
    Attached Files Attached Files