Thread: Electrical Schematic for ECM 1227747

Electronic Ignition!

Electrical Schematic for ECM 1227747

Hello all,

I have been away for a while and can't seem to find my previous posts.
    Maybe someone can tell me how to find them.
    I am looking for an electrical pinout for ECM 1227747.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Also, I am trying to reset my password. I entered the forum using the password sent by the moderator but could not find the page to reset password.
    When I used the temporary password, it got me to this page. HELP.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by framkiss1; 06-15-2017 at 09:10 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by framkiss1 View Post
    Hello all,

I have been away for a while and can't seem to find my previous posts.
    Maybe someone can tell me how to find them.
    I am looking for an electrical pinout for ECM 1227747.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Also, I am trying to reset my password. I entered the forum using the password sent by the moderator but could not find the page to reset password.
    When I used the temporary password, it got me to this page. HELP.
    Thanks.
    here is the page for electrical http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/showthread.php?304-1227747-ECM-Information-42

in the top right side of the gear-head page you will see a settings tab. in settings under your profile is where you will find the place to change your password
    Last edited by jim_in_dorris; 06-15-2017 at 10:27 PM.
    Square body stepsides forever!!!

Electronic Ignition!
    Thank you so much for your help. I was able to go in and change my password.
    Now I can look at the 127747 pin out.

Electronic Ignition!
    I do not remember if I mentioned this in my previous posts so here goes............
    I installed a GM 350 w/700R4 trans in my Jaguar XJ6.
    Right now it is running with a Quadrajet carburetor and I have acquired all of the necessary pieces minus the sensors to do a TBI conversion.
    I have the following parts from a donor vehicle.
    1. Intake manifold with TBI unit.
    2. Complete electrical harness.
    3. 1227747 ECM.
    4. Small Distributor. (Right now I am running the carbed engine with the large HEI distributor).

I have to purchase the following: CTS, TPS, MAP, IAC, VSS, KNOCK SENSOR, AND ESC, and O2 sensor.
    I already had the O2 sensor bungs installed on my dual exhaust system. One on each side.
    I am thinking of doing an EGR delete. Should I? or should I not?
    I am also having issues with the ALDL connector since I was unable to to remove it from the donor vehicle completely with the harness, due to time constraints.
    I had to cut the ALDL connector off the vehicle with about 14 inches of the harness and has 8 wires.
    I have already figured how to integrate the power supply switched and unswitched to the Jaguar electrical system.
    I need to know how to patch the ALDL connector to the ECM harness.
    Sometime ago, I was able to pull a color schematic for the 1227747 ECM off this forum but I can't seem to find it anymore. I misplaced it during one of my garage cleanups.

My plan is to mount the ECM in the engine compartment and only send the required circuits to the inside of the car. I also will be mounting the ALDL in the engine compartment.
    Any and all help/advice will be very much appreciated.
    Thanks.

Try post 2 attachment on this thread for color schematic. I used a combination of the diagrams there.

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...Information-42

OBD Diagnostics, INC has some ALDL info.

Good luck . Bob

PS pin-out can be found at http://www.gearhead-efi.com/gm-ecm-p...on-wiring.html
    Last edited by uncabob; 06-30-2017 at 07:12 PM. Reason: first link would not link
    Don't force it, get a bigger hammer!

Don't mount the '7747 under the hood, it's not water tight, nor is it good in hot environments. I'm not sure there is an underhood TBI specific ECM, there are a couple that MIGHT do it, but would require some pretty good understanding of how an ECM functions and modifying the code.

Just follow the wiring diagrams in the '7747 thread to connect the ALDL to the ECM. I believe there is at least one diagram that shows connections between the ALDL connector and the ECM.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Electronic Ignition!
    @ Uncabob: Thanks for the link to the schematics.
    @ Six_Shooter: I am looking at installing the ECM in a Air Filter Box from the Cadillac Northstar Engine. This will allow the cool outside air to keep the ECM cool. In my Cadillac Eldorado, the ECM is located there. However, if fitment becomes an issue, I will have no other choice but to install the ECM inside the car.
    As for the 8 wire ALDL connector I have, the schematic shows 5 wires connected to the ALDL, so I guess the other three on my ALDL will not be connected to the ECM harness.

Quote Originally Posted by framkiss1 View Post
    @ Uncabob: Thanks for the link to the schematics.
    @ Six_Shooter: I am looking at installing the ECM in a Air Filter Box from the Cadillac Northstar Engine. This will allow the cool outside air to keep the ECM cool. In my Cadillac Eldorado, the ECM is located there. However, if fitment becomes an issue, I will have no other choice but to install the ECM inside the car.
    As for the 8 wire ALDL connector I have, the schematic shows 5 wires connected to the ALDL, so I guess the other three on my ALDL will not be connected to the ECM harness.
    Again, those ECMs are different and are designed to be installed under the hood. The '7747 is not designed for a moist and/or hot environment, even in the air box will be pretty warm. This is a bad plan to try to install an underdash ECM under the hood, regardless of what you put it in. People have tried using other sealed boxes, like Tupperware, and other "sealed" containers and had the ECMs fail due to moisture and/or heat. Just mount it under the dash, and save yourself the grief of needing to rewire after you have an ECM fail.

Yes, some ALDL connectors had extra connections for ABS, TCC, and a few other things that are not needed. Only 3 wires are actually needed in the ALDL connector for code retrieval and datalogging.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Electronic Ignition!
    @ Six_Shooter: I hear you and will seriously take your advice.
    I am picking up all of my needed parts today, so sometime next week I will start the project.
    I also need some advice as to which external fuel pump I should purchase. The original Jaguar fuel pump puts out a regulated fuel pressure of 32-35 psi.
    The TBI fuel pressure is much less and controlled within the TB itself. Can I use the original Jaguar fuel pump and use an adjustable fuel pressure regulator or should I go for an aftermarket fuel pump that puts out the correct nominal fuel pressure?

The fuel pressure is controlled by the fuel pressure regulator, not the pump. The pump just supplies a volume of fuel, and the regulator restricts the flow, controlling the pressure.

Your existing pump should be fine, the concern would be that it applies enough volume of fuel to feed the fuel Dena of the engine, which it should be able to.

No additional regulators will be needed.