Thread: Moates gp1 adapter

Fuel Injected!

Moates gp1 adapter

I got my gp1 adapter on Saturday and I'm having a problem with it. Maybe someone can shed some light on this before I email Moates. If I put the memcal directly into the ecm, all is well. Fires up and runs as normal. Once the memcal goes into the gp1 and the combo is installed into the ecm, all I get is the fans turning on and no start. I don't have any bent pins as far as I can tell.

Have you programmed a stock bin to the EEPROM and installed it in the socket?
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Fuel Injected!
    Yes sir. Here is what I have been trying.

1. Stock AUJP memcal
    2. Memcal from previous supplier
    3. Moates gp1

I have programmed a stock aujp bin minus the vats in the socket.

1. fires
    2. fires
    3. fans only

It sounds like the EEPROm is either not programmed correctly (possibly incorrect offsets) or it's being installed backwards.

What you describe is the ECM going into LHM, because it's not reading the EEPROM correctly.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Fuel Injected!
    I don't think you need to do this with a stock BIN file but if you have modified it you need to change the Mask ID to "AA".
    I also think you have to load the BIN into the APU1's memory, you can't run the vehicle from a chip plugged into the APU1.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitch View Post
    I don't think you need to do this with a stock BIN file but if you have modified it you need to change the Mask ID to "AA".
    You only need to do that if you are emulating, datalogging or making changes by programming an EEPROM each time does not require checksum to be disabled.

I also think you have to load the BIN into the APU1's memory, you can't run the vehicle from a chip plugged into the APU1.
    Does he have an APU1? I see no mention of it in this thread. For datalogging only with the APU1, AKA "passthrough mode", the bin does not need to be loaded to an APU1. However, you are correct in that there should be no EEPROM in the ZIF socket while the APU1 is being used for anything other than programming or reading an E/EPROM.

Fuel Injected!
    You're right about the APU1, I must have been reading another post at the time and got mixed up.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Six_Shooter View Post
    It sounds like the EEPROm is either not programmed correctly (possibly incorrect offsets) or it's being installed backwards.

What you describe is the ECM going into LHM, because it's not reading the EEPROM correctly.
    I'm programing it thru TunerPro RT with a burn2. Chip erases ok. Blank check ok. Burn the AUJP(minus VATS) bin ok. Verify burn to buffer, ok. EEProm installed with notch facing out like factory memcal.

If it was using LHM wouldnt it at least fire?

Quote Originally Posted by misterpat View Post
    I'm programing it thru TunerPro RT with a burn2. Chip erases ok. Blank check ok. Burn the AUJP(minus VATS) bin ok. Verify burn to buffer, ok. EEProm installed with notch facing out like factory memcal.

If it was using LHM wouldnt it at least fire?
    Your description of "fire" "fire" "fans only" sounded like it was running, but in LHM...

What does the CEL do when you turn the key on with the new EEPROM installed?

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Six_Shooter View Post
    Your description of "fire" "fire" "fans only" sounded like it was running, but in LHM...

What does the CEL do when you turn the key on with the new EEPROM installed?
    Sorry, I ment to say,

1. Stock AUJP memcal - Starts and runs
    2. Memcal from previous supplier - Starts and runs
    3. Moates gp1 - fans only.

The Jeep is off the exhuast shop. I forget what the cel was doing. Once it gets back, I will report back.

Fuel Injected!
    Well, I ordered a new GP1 adapter and swapped the ecm. Zero problems. I think there was a broken connection somewhere in the other gp1 causing the problem.