Thread: Moates ALDU1 CABL1 won't connect to Tunerpro 1227730 ECM 90 Corvette

Fuel Injected!

Moates ALDU1 CABL1 won't connect to Tunerpro 1227730 ECM 90 Corvette

I went through Moates directions to test the ALDU1 as seen here http://support.moates.net/datalogging-with-an-aldu1/
    It passed with a message saying cable found and operating. But when I connect it to my obd1 port and click 'Acquire Data (connect/disconnect)' it says connecting at the bottom of the tunerpro screen and stays that way never making the connection.

I've tried setting it up to different com ports and tried messing around with settings and switching from open to 10k on the ALDU1 switch but nothing makes it work. I also have good working drivers for it, the same drivers run my Ostrich 2.0 just fine.

The car is a 1990 Corvette with 1227730 ECM

So you have the correct ADX file loaded? An incorrect ADX will still try to connect, but if it doesn't it will just drop out of trying to connect.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Six_Shooter View Post
    So you have the correct ADX file loaded? An incorrect ADX will still try to connect, but if it doesn't it will just drop out of trying to connect.
    That was the cure for me when I started, my cable did / didn't do the same things he stated.
    I went from one .adx that did not connect at all, to another that connected but showed little data, to a third .adx that connected and showed all data.
    Dean

Fuel Injected!
    That's interesting maybe I'll try that. I'm using $8D-1227730-V1.adx

So I decided to remove the G1 memory adapter and Ostrich 2.0 and reinstall my oem prom into the original location. I was able to connect my ALDU1 that way! but when I started the car everything went crazy! the information was bouncing around all over the place and the blue DA connection label would flash red saying DA error. So then I put my scan tool on it and got a code 51 prom error. I'm not sure what to do next. Maybe I have to get a new prom or will that part of the prom be essentially replaced when I flash a new chip installed on the G1 memory adapter?
    Last edited by Turbo Nasty; 06-11-2017 at 09:55 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    I found an ADX forum members have already reworked for this same issue I'm having. It works and now my ALDU1/CABL1 connects and appears to be working fine. My idle timing jumps around a bit but maybe that's just because of the big cam and rough lopey idle. higher revs are smooth and timing steady.

Here's the link with the ADX
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...0-Y-Body/page2