Hey folks. I've been stung twice now; by fake Delphi MAP sensors.

I purchased them from a local parts store, by giving them the Delphi number. They claimed to have access to Genuine Delphi, and paid about $50 for each sensor.

Each one worked initially and I was able to make good tunes with them. Later (6 months to a year) each sensor failed completely. That's a small problem. The big problem is that when the new "actually Genuine" sensor was installed... now the tune is messed up due to it being calibrated for an inaccurate MAP sensor. So I have to spend a lot of extra time and headache.

The failure modes were identical. Suddenly one morning, car hard to start. Was reading very low MAP readings with complete loss of drivability and not idling.

When I broke the sensor apart, I found a small un-coated circuit board in the sensor. It was crudely connected to the termination points by what was probably a 2 year old child. Then, the front side of the board was exposed in the engine vacuum circuit, where moisture and whatnot has corroded it and undoubtedly caused it to fail.

So my question to you is - is it possible to tell by pictures if these are the real deal or not? I thought I was going to avoid the eBay trap by purchasing locally but that bit me in the rear.

Thanks again,
David
IMG_3107 (Medium).jpg

IMG_3106 (Medium).jpg

Sensor_sm.jpg