Thread: DUMB noob questions

Fuel Injected!

DUMB noob questions

Hello, gearhead efi... Never tuned EFI before and would like to get A jump on a bin file.

94 Z28 M6 hotcam and 150shot, i need a bin file for that set up. I just ordered tunercats for my car (12pin). And im printing every thing i can find on tuning a LT1 for my tuning binder. LINKs would help, but im searching this forum right now. I did find a LT1 edit file online for stock heads and hot cam, but need to convert it to bin..

Thanks Brian

Not many TunerCat users here, mostly TunerPro as it's way cheaper and has data logger built in so you don't need to buy another expensive program like DataMaster. But they are both good products.

Most guys tune their own, don't know many that give away 100 hours or work but their may be some out there. Even identical high performace setups seem to need to be fine tuned for the car. Just take it slow an easy with the nitorus shot. Maybe get the tune in order first and start with 50HP jets for the nitrous and fuel and work your way up if you have enough fuel deleivery and pressure to keep up with nitrous.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Super Moderator
    IIRC, the LT1Edit files were just BINs with a .LT1 extension.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Post it up and I'll see if I can open or import it to TunerPro and save as a bin.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

I have TunerCats for the LT1, EE and EEB definition files. Post what you have for the LT1 file, and I should be able to convert to a .bin file.

dave w