Thread: 1228747 Tunerpro Datalog -show no value change on MAP sensor reading

Carb and Points!

1228747 Tunerpro Datalog -show no value change on MAP sensor reading

Hello ,
    1990 c2500 Hd above 8500lb gvwr
    stock engine , stock everything.
    350 tbi with th400 trans.
    1228747 ecm
    Poor off idle acceleration and power loss. Runs great at highway and once it's gets past initial acceleration from a stop.

Tunerpro connected, engine at 189* data log is not showing a change in MAP readings.

The Voltage reading will change with accelerating(throttle position) BUT the kpa/in hg reading stays at ~26 in.hg.

I hooked up up a mechanical vacuum gauge and saw 22" of vacuum at idle and when I blip the throttle the vacuum would drop to 0 ( like it should) . Then return to previous reading.

so if my Aldl data log info doesn't change regardless of throttle position .... does this indicate a faulty MAP sensor unit.???
    Last edited by Blazeone; 05-29-2017 at 01:49 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    what does tp show the map at with key on engine off?

Carb and Points!
    I believe there is a error in the xdf file I was using to view the log data.

If I use the 1228747 LD file instead of the HD version, I get better results. And I see a MAP reading that actually changes with TPS voltage changes.

Here is a capture of a short drive I took.

Does this look correct ?

This is comparing my TPS to MAP voltage & Vacuum vs MAP pressure .

MAPdata.jpg

This next capture is of my IAC and RPM comparison.

Also, what would account for the random spike drop in Vacuum in the top sensor data stream? Is that just normal ?

It appears that it is datalogging better with LD version that with the HD version , however I do have a HD version truck/ecm.

VacuumIAC.jpg
    Last edited by Blazeone; 05-30-2017 at 12:24 AM.

Carb and Points!

Fuel Injected!
    I didn't no there was 2 versions. the hd is proble for dump trucks. I use the digatil dash to watch play back data,i have a different ecm so I don't no if the file you use has it. its easyer for me to watch the numbers.

Electronic Ignition!
    I am having the same problem. I construct a history table and there is only 1 column of data. I thought the file for the HD was the one to use as the bin came from a C3500 and that I read from the chip through the Autoprom. I have an '89 C2500 5.7L 8600 gvw with Th-400 trans. and 3.73 gears. I have gone to the junk yard to find parts and found that these trucks are few.

Electronic Ignition!
    I finally was able to populate the history table on the HD version by copying the values in the adx editor from the LD version. Thanks for giving me the clue as to where to look as I am new to this program. I'm not sure yet if is totally correct as it will take some investigation to see if the calibration is correct.
    Computers have ruined my math skills.

Carb and Points!
    Yes these trucks are difficult to find with this exact engine, trans & chassis configuration.

I believe the LD version is best for data logging. I know nothing about tuning as this is more of a diagnostic tool for me.

Electronic Ignition!
    I started out using tunerpro data logging in chasing a problem I was having. I replaced a lot of components that were worn out. I ended up rebuilding the engine and trans. after the front pump seal blew on the trans. in the driveway so it was a case of the "might as wells". Turns out that the valve gear was worn out and the timing chain was drooping on the engine sprocket. I have never had an engine that behaved like this one where the engine would "chuff" like a miss at anything above about 2200 rpm but run fine down lower.

Electronic Ignition!
    Screen shot of modifications of .adx
    Attached Files Attached Files