Thread: No start with apu1 help please

Carb and Points!

No start with apu1 help please

I have a 93 tbi set up with a 625 ecu running E6 mask. currently i have the bin for bdjy which matches the id on my stock chip. the xdf is e6_tpv5_v250.xdf and adx is A204 Trans E6 Tp5 v250.adx. originally i had the ribben between the apu1 and the g1 socket backwards and i was not getting any change no matter what i changed in tuner pro 5 rt. I switched the cable and truck will start with the apu1 unplugged but when i plug it in with the above bin uploaded to it, the truck will not run or even try to run. Any thoughts? Thanks Jason
    Last edited by Jeeperz; 05-27-2017 at 09:00 AM.

Maybe try using the APU1 to burn a chip with the BDJY .bin file and install the chip into the G1 Memory adapter.

Maybe these links will help:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/craigmo...A878598D87BA29

http://support.moates.net/autoprom-apu1/

dave w

Carb and Points!
    tried sending you a pm dave, your box is full. i saw on another post you do some biz work on the side with this, would you be interested in spending some time on the phone for a fee?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeeperz View Post
    tried sending you a pm dave, your box is full. i saw on another post you do some biz work on the side with this, would you be interested in spending some time on the phone for a fee?
    Hi Jason, I'm going to be out of town this weekend, taking a break from the biz. I use an Ostrich 2.0, not the APU1. I'm not sure if I can be very helpful with APU1 questions. I can certainly help with TunerPro RT questions. I'll send you a PM when I get back late Monday evening.

dave w

Carb and Points!
    thank you, im going to see what kind of progress i can make too the next few days.

You might want to try a different definition file. I have the same ECU that you do and I am having success with the A201 $E6 TP5 v250.adx.

There is a chance your BIN file is corrupt or doesn't really match your chip. I had similar problems getting out of the gate. If you want to try something different - here is the BIN I am working with right now. This is my second revision of the stock BBMC. I am tuning with a wideband O2 using Dave's spreadsheet here.

This bin runs okay in my truck but by no means is it finished. I have an upgraded fuel pump so your results may vary.

AC
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fuel Injected!
    I don't wan't to bring you bad news, but if you plugged the ribbon cable backwards, there's a chance that you may have fried the APU1...