Hi guys! I've been trolling this site for a couple of years while planning a TBI conversion. Got serious and registered not long ago to dig into pics, attachments, etc. I have been gathering parts for a conversion on my 1978 Corvette with a Goodwrench 350 engine installed. Runs great now on the carb, but I'd like to get away from the long cold cranking periods and make it easier to tune as I add other mods (headers, intake, etc).

I initially was goi to go Megasquirt, but am leaning towards the reliability of GM OEM computers. My car is just a nice driver, not raced, turbo'd or modified. Though a couple of junkyard runs, I've pulled both a 1227747 with complete wiring harness, and a 16197427 with its plugins and some length of wire.

There red are several threads here in converting from the older ECM to newer PCM, so the actual install of hardware and sensors doesn't appear to be too much different.

Is it easier to tune the older computer? While its baud rate is much slower, sounds like there is much less code to sift through.

On the other hand, the 16197427 runs quicker and has lots of other options for future growth such as electric fans.

This will be my first crack at tuning. I've dabbled with Arduinos and built the Megasquirt, so probably know just enough to be mildly dangerous.

I'm still a few months out from launching the conversion, moving the family next month from Iowa to Texas. Would appreciate any thoughts on a preferably computer to use.

And thanks to to all of the community for putting together such a treasure trove of information!