Thread: Limp mode

Fuel Injected!

Limp mode

Hey guys, I have everything working, but I'm missing part of the process. I load the bin to the ostrich 2.0 then click emulate and start engine, l click scalars, change mask from OD to AA then scroll down to engine constants, double click injector flow rate and make adjustments then click save. After I turn engine off and start it back up, it is in limp mode. Where am I going wrong?

Is your SES flashing? You might have to reload the Bin into the emulator. I have already had it where I made changes and forgot to save before shutting the engine off. When I restart, the SES light flashes rapidly and the engine runs in limp mode. After reloading the Bin into the emulator, it goes back to normal.
    1986 ski centurion boat, 351W, gt40P heads, edelbrock performer rpm, 1227747 ecm, 72 lb/hr injectors (@18 PSI fuel pressure), .490/.490 lift, intake 278 duration, exhuast 282 duration, 112 lobe separation

1969 camaro, 355ci, performer RPM intake, camel hump heads, 1227747 ecm, 454 throttle body (@18 PSI fuel pressure),

2016 Chevy Cruz

2014 Chevy Silverado

Fuel Injected!
    mmigacz, yes I have had the rapid flash of the ses light once, but I reloaded like you said. I'm able to make changes to bin and upload them to the ostrich 2, then plug it into the ribbon cable, hit emulate, wait a minute then start the engine and changes are there and working. not sure if that is the procedure, but it works. Problem for me is in real-time emulating. When I make changes while running and save them, everything seems to be operating well but, when shut the the engine down, I'm back in limp mode at restart. I was using the Harris memcal and switched to the stock memcal to see if there is a difference. I'll get a driver and try again today, but I,m sure it's just my error because it's hard to find operating procedures, which is making it more challenging than it really is. I'm enjoying the learning curve and the help that I'm receiving.

gearhead.jpgDuring emulation, and after a change, I will chick the icon shown below with a 1 pointing to it. When I am done, I hit the icon with the 2 pointing to it. Then shut the engine off. Another thing I found was when data logging and emulating at the same time, my laptop locks up. I ended up using two laptops, one for emulating and one for datalogging.
    1986 ski centurion boat, 351W, gt40P heads, edelbrock performer rpm, 1227747 ecm, 72 lb/hr injectors (@18 PSI fuel pressure), .490/.490 lift, intake 278 duration, exhuast 282 duration, 112 lobe separation

1969 camaro, 355ci, performer RPM intake, camel hump heads, 1227747 ecm, 454 throttle body (@18 PSI fuel pressure),

2016 Chevy Cruz

2014 Chevy Silverado

Already I know you have a wire from the truck being shorted to another big power on the bottom of it. So one of your wires is being bad grounded.
    My .02
    Last edited by De-stroker; 05-19-2017 at 06:31 AM.

Don't send big power back to your computer always ground everything out unless you like hot tots

Fuel Injected!
    Thanks mmigacz, that helped a lot. I just needed to load the bin to emulator after making changes. De-stroker, you are right about the ground connections. After I had a bad ground at the fuel pump, I disconnected and cleaned all of them.