Thread: Open Loop EE Advice

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I have no wideband(s) but seriously debating it now. I don't really trust the narrow bands unless someone comes up with some new tuning suggestions for closed loop w/ headers because I've literally tried everything. Of course I'm reading that widebands can lie also, so ???

The VE tables are like that from blind tuning w/ numerous tools. I noticed some of that last night as I was adding a few more percent to the range I've been seeing missing / whatever. I'll spend more time smoothing tonight. With the MAF I don't know how much that affects things, but VE will be difficult to tune without some type of AFR sensor.

This morning when I put my ear near the oil pan w/ engine running it reminded me that the headers are extremely loud. Because they're fairly close to the knock sensors I have to wonder if they aren't causing a lot of the problem. Whatever the case, I probably won't be driving the rest of the week so I'll have time to get the wheel bearing replaced and possibly fix the leaky clutch slave cylinder and see about making a custom hose. The only fitment problem I had with the headers is that there's no way to route the clutch hydraulic hose without it touching the left O2 sensor.