Thread: 7747 $42 bin file ?

Carb and Points!

7747 $42 bin file ?

Hi there

New here and Think itīs awsome with the knowledge you have here.

Looking for a good bin file to start with, hopefully just fine tune for me

The Engine is Vortec block with lt-1 pistons and cam (205/207, 117 cl ) and ported 193 heads. So the Engine have a lite more CR and litle more cam, and breath better ( ultimate tbi mods also)

The car is a G20 van with th700 , it idle ok butt litle rich i think and i belive it realy need a good chip work to wake up.

Live in sweden and the octane here is 95, and "trucks" pre 91 have no emission regulations so no cat or EGR on the car.

Thanks and sorry if my English is not that good in Writing // Mats

Quote Originally Posted by backebo View Post
    Hi there

The Engine is Vortec block with lt-1 pistons and cam (205/207, 117 cl ) and ported 193 heads. So the Engine have a lite more CR and litle more cam, and breath better ( ultimate tbi mods also)

The car is a G20 van with th700 , it idle ok butt litle rich i think and i belive it realy need a good chip work to wake up.

Live in sweden and the octane here is 95, and "trucks" pre 91 have no emission regulations so no cat or EGR on the car.

You should use ASDU as your starting bin. It is found on this forum. You will need to modify the timing and fueling to get your best performance with that cam and the poetry heads, but it should run okay. Learn to use Tunerpro v5 and make log files for help tuning
    Square body stepsides forever!!!

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by backebo View Post
    Hi there

Actually you are probably a little lean. I had that same setup about 10 years ago. 1983 G20 van, 355 with flat tops, ported 193s and and a 201/208 LT1 cam with a 116° LSA. I had doug thorley tri-ys and dual 2.5" to single 3.5" Y-pipe. I had to run 454 80# injectors at 15 psi to get it enough fuel for WOT. I ran a 454 TBI unit on an GM van manifold that had been bored to 2". Before I started burning chips, I was running an external regulator with vacuum reference that pulled the fuel pressure back to 8 psi at idle. I ran it with 8° initial timing advance as well.

Carb and Points!
    Hi

Yes i have the ASDU bin file, looking for one that is better from start with my spec. just started looking inte tunerpro and have MOATES Ostrich.

Hi "355" have seen you in other post and was hoping you would see this thred, very curius in your setup that you speak about, how was it performing, MPG and power register ?
    i have oem injectors, modded regulator, have not hoked upp any pressure gage yet. modded y-pipe and 3" singel with one strait thru muffler (need one more i think)

yes it is lean under load, butt rich on idle so tears coming , 454 tbi are rare here, so i probebly have to stick with stock injectors and watch spark.

I use information from TunerPro RT to burn chips for modified engines, see attached screen shots for some of the tuning information available in TunerPro RT.

A chip for a similar engine or an engine identical to your engine might provide good performance? Tuning a chip to your engine will provide the best possible performance.

dave w
    Attached Images Attached Images

Carb and Points!
    thanks for the info, yes i will be tuning , i have not the moates socket booster for my ostrich yet, and was hoping someone had a good bin for simular engine spec that i could look in to and point me in the right direction.
    the car is running, but i donīt think its so good to drive it, idle ok, "sounds" good when i hit the trottle, sound like heavy knok in part throttle low load. i will look in to logging with tunerpro rt ,

Attached is an Excel spreadsheet with the factory timing table from a 1998 Vortec 5.7 liter. Maybe other members will post timing tables they use for Vortec heads? Vortec heads flow much better than TBI heads, so the Acceleration Enrichment parameter usually needs 20% or more increase.

dave w
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    Attached is an Excel spreadsheet with the factory timing table from a 1998 Vortec 5.7 liter. Maybe other members will post timing tables they use for Vortec heads? Vortec heads flow much better than TBI heads, so the Acceleration Enrichment parameter usually needs 20% or more increase.

dave w
    He is not running Vortecs....Vortec block, LT1 flat top pistons, LT1 F/Y-car cam, ported 193 TBi heads.

I usually start with +50% AE with Vortec heads.

Quote Originally Posted by Fast355 View Post
    He is not running Vortecs....Vortec block, LT1 flat top pistons, LT1 F/Y-car cam, ported 193 TBi heads.

I usually start with +50% AE with Vortec heads.
    Ooops!

dave w

Carb and Points!
    Hi there again, i wonder if some one can look in my logg file and tell me how it looks

i have knocks around 1200-1500 rpm with light throttle under acc, if i go wot it sound much better. the AE is untouched so far, should i ad more in both tables ?

best regard
    Attached Files Attached Files