Hey guys,

I thought I would introduce my project and ask for some help getting the bugs worked out.

Truck is 1993 k1500 TBI 5.7 4L60E with the following upgrades:

• Vortec 906 heads
  • Speed-Pro CS-1014R cam (2-4/214 @.050 112 LSA)
  • Innovative MTX-L Wideband
  • GM Performance Parts Vortec to TBI Intake manifold (overrated and expensive but good option for emissions)
  • AC Delco EP 381 Fuel Pump
  • Aeromotive Bypass Regulator, P/N 13301
  • Tuning myself with Moates Autoprom

Currently running BJYL $0D on 16168625 under emulation. I ordered a HDR1 from Moates and it should be here next week. Planning to compare stock BIN to $0D and make changes in $0D as necessary. Long term I am planning to run $0D burned onto a chip that lives on the G1 header. All of this is based on recommendations from Dave at Moates and others here.

Using A217 $0D TP5 v250 mask that I downloaded from here. I modified the ADX so that the TP dash to show the WBO2 from the MTX-L that is connected to channel 1 on the Autoprom. I made sure that my initial spark advance was set properly (zero in my case) per 93V8S10's comments. I setup the mask to datalog desired AFR instead of battery voltage (per instructions in the ADX).

Really liking TP and learned a TON in the last few weeks. Thanks to newellshk, jim_in_dorris, and Fast355 for helping a NOOB get his feet under him with the TP software. Also thanks to guys like EagleMark and Six_Shooter who have clearly invested a lot of time and effort here.

The first bug I am working on is about the TPS. I need help (please) on the following:
  • Throttle Position Gauge does not change on TP dash. The value is defined at loc 0x29.
    • How does this reading impact the operation of the truck, if at all?

• Interestingly the TPS voltage at 0x10 does change when I push the gas. However it only varies from 0.5 to 3.8. I was expecting the real world to be more like 0v or 0.1 v to like 4.8 or 4.9v
  • Which of these two readings is actually used by the computer to operate the truck?

Overall, does this mean my TPS is bad?

Thanks everyone,

AC