Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Another Conversion

Electronic Ignition!
    thx Dave. You ever worked with Dave? Nice stuff he builds. Hard to find a real old-style craftsman these days.

Electronic Ignition!
    dupl
    Last edited by tmoble; 10-08-2018 at 10:11 PM. Reason: dupl

Fuel Injected!
    At first I though the comments were about Dave W here on this site. He posts a LOT of help here and has also posted some cool wiring harness pictures and 3D CAD models hinting at having some real skill. I would recommend anyone who needs help with EFI work, especially ODBI that hardly anyone does well anymore, contacts him.

I wouldn't have anything to do with Dave Ray or recommend him for anything due to the way he acts on any of the forums that have yet to ban him for soliciting business without paying to be a vendor.

Electronic Ignition!
    Yes, I've had to ban Dave off the Chevelles site several times over the years. Not for vending but for his abrasive online persona. We've called him "my way or the highway Dave". Too bad, he's nothing like that in real life. Too bad again, he actually has lots to contribute. Too bad (3), he's a good writer and can get his point across very well. In any case, his work is faultless. A true craftsman who knows exactly what he is doing. Also handy, he knows where all the bodies are buried in the performance ignition game. There's a lot of them.

On the Chevelles site I'm known as Tom Mobley, which also happens to be my real name. Mod/admin there since 1998. jeeze I'm getting old.

Fuel Injected!
    Lol. Did not have a problem with that. Was just stating i was past that part. Right now im debating buying the moates apu1 auto program package. Any body work with it? What additional hardware do i need to work with my current setup? Will probably buy their chips also for programmability.

Note i chopped my obd1 harness and made a cel/ diagnostics switch.
    Last edited by r.e.c.enthusiasts; 10-10-2018 at 01:08 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    Well. Now i have my boyd welding tank installed w the phantom 200 in tank fuel pump. Had a minor leak at the drain plug. Tightened it up some yesterday. Sofar no leak this morning. Drove it locally. Not bad at all. Still working on ideas for placement of filler neck location. So thats sitting w the plastic cover still. Just ordered a lower thermostat housing to plumb the clifford ram flow 6=8 intake coolant heat source. As well as have a proper wet temp spot for ecm. Which will give me back my gauge.

Fuel Injected!
    Well. Tank is awesome. Still have not plumbed the fuel filler neck to the side marker. But, looking for ideas for throttle cable for the tbi to the clifford ram flow intake. Pics or links would be great or pm me for a number. Thanks!
    Last edited by r.e.c.enthusiasts; 01-04-2019 at 12:58 AM.

Electronic Ignition!
    Quote Originally Posted by r.e.c.enthusiasts View Post
    Well. Tank is awesome. Still have not plumbed the fuel filler neck to the side marker. But, looking for ideas for throttle cable for the tbi to the clifford ram flow intake. Pics or links would be great or pm me for a number. Thanks!
    You can find a stock cable like off a Camaro or something. The tubular housing can be pulled out of the end piece on either end. The little end on the throttle end can be clipped off and the cable and housing trimmed to whatever you need.

Tom

Fuel Injected!
    Well. I used a pice of angle iron with the little square and attached it to the carb.... Lol ut works. Got the exhaust added. Think the new flow has made it where i need to adjust the timing. Its still at 0 tdc plug disconnected. But gonna try to drive it home. Will post more soon

Fuel Injected!
    Well kinda gutless up till 2k rpm but goes strong up past 3500.55 mph is quiet and smooth but not sure bout up hill.

Fuel Injected!
    Okay. For a current hardware update

Currently installed
    L6 250 stock head & block
    Clifford 6=8 square bore intake
    Clifford 6=8 exhaust headers down into a single 2" pipe
    1984 chevy l6 ecm controlled ca emmissions distributor
    Boyd welding 18 gal tank with aeromotive phantom 200 in tank fuel pump
    91 Astro parts
    * Chopped wire harness
    * Ecm (stock)
    * Tbi w/ tps - iac
    * O2 sensor
    * Coolant sensor
    * Oil pressure sensor/gauge
    * Knock control mod/knock Sesor
    * Fuel pump relay

Electronic Ignition!
    Okay. For a current hardware update

Currently installed
    L6 250 stock head & block
    Clifford 6=8 square bore intake
    Clifford 6=8 exhaust headers down into a single 2" pipe
    1984 chevy l6 ecm controlled ca emmissions distributor
    Boyd welding 18 gal tank with aeromotive phantom 200 in tank fuel pump
    91 Astro parts
    * Chopped wire harness
    * Ecm (stock)
    * Tbi w/ tps - iac
    * O2 sensor
    * Coolant sensor
    * Oil pressure sensor/gauge
    * Knock control mod/knock Sesor
    * Fuel pump relay
    I'm impressed by your progress. using the stock ECM is a hard way to go. keep hacking, you'll get it straightened out. It should have good torque right off idle. Why do you have the timing so retarded? try moving it up to 10-12 initial without ECM connection.

Fuel Injected!
    Well i was sticking to the stock tbi setup till i got close to what i want. So i just put it at 10 much better. I think maybe 11 or 12 could be better but i want to see hpw it does on hwy. I still need to move the fuel line as its now way to close to the exhaust. And still need to install the coolant to the intake manifold. Getting much happier with it though. Just wish i could get the ecm tuned for the l6. But to buy the hardware and then data log it and then burnin chips.. Being that i dont know if ill get a check any time soon.... Kinda heartache. Lol

Electronic Ignition!
    Well i was sticking to the stock tbi setup till i got close to what i want. So i just put it at 10 much better. I think maybe 11 or 12 could be better but i want to see hpw it does on hwy. I still need to move the fuel line as its now way to close to the exhaust. And still need to install the coolant to the intake manifold. Getting much happier with it though. Just wish i could get the ecm tuned for the l6. But to buy the hardware and then data log it and then burnin chips.. Being that i dont know if ill get a check any time soon.... Kinda heartache. Lol
    So you haven't sent the ECM off to one of those tuner guy that specialize in getting conversions running? Practically a miracle it even runs at all. Don't be afraid to bump the timing more. You'll hear it pinging if it's too much. Do you have the ESC spark retard hooked up?

Props to you

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by tmoble View Post
    Do you have the ESC spark retard hooked up?
    Yes,
    The knock control is hooked up. Its fully controlled by the computers. Lol
    Last edited by r.e.c.enthusiasts; 01-08-2019 at 07:00 PM.