Thread: Individual Cylinder Trims Discussion

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
    warmer air is less dense. humidity also plays a factor. warmer air requires less fuel. the IAT temperature compensation is imperfect. it's normal for trims to change during things like weather fluctuations.
    I knew / know this happens and I've observed it, but I was a bit in freak out mode because it felt like it was running extremely lean and this is a new / replacement MAF sensor. I killed the 22 year old AC Delco cleaning it, and I had no reason to be overly confident the replacement would be identically calibrated.

I wish I'd noticed the EGR trying to enable sooner, it would have explained a lot. I assumed setting the enable RPM as high as possible and disable at 0 would kill it completely, but it still attempts to enable and adds spark before switching off.

Edit: I wonder if it would be worthwhile patching the EGR out completely, so as to save a few CPU cycles?

Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
    don't get too OCD about keeping your trims perfect. let closed loop do SOME of the work. that's why it's there. otherwise just turn it off like i usually do
    I do understand we're trying to re-shape the VE tables, not necessarily have BLMs at 128 everywhere. I guess the goal is to either log only in ideal conditions (still trying to determine what exactly that is) or have equal amounts of logging in extreme conditions and let the law of averages find the middle.