Thread: 16147060 Help

Carb and Points!

16147060 Help

Im new to the TBI conversions and i have an 83 firebird im putting a TBI on and i followed the pinouts provided and im not sure if i may have missed something, no pulse from the injectors on startup, im not using the 4l60 and im wondering if i need to find a non automatic harness? i have not connected to coil to the distributor but thats about all that is left to add, is that my issue? thanks, nick.

I wonder if the 16147060 is actually being triggered by the ignition module. The distributor pickup coil sends a small AC signal to the ignition module, which gets ground from the distributor housing. The ignition module, which gets ignition power (On / Start) from the Ignition Coil, converts the AC signal into a Square Wave Signal to trigger the 16147060.

I would first check to make sure the ignition module is getting a good ground (Battery Negative).

I would then check to make sure the 2 pin connector going to the ignition module has ignition power ( Ignition Switch in both On / Start positions).

By the Way, the Ignition Coil supplies ignition power to the Ignition Module.

Without Ignition Power going to the Ignition Coil the Ignition Module does not get Ignition Power. Without Ignition power going to the Ignition Module the 16147060 will not trigger the injectors.

dave w

Carb and Points!
    Awesome thanks for the help, I ended up having stuck injectors and after grounding them to free them it fired up

The '7060 was used with the 4L80E, not the 4L60E. There's also no non-automatic harness for the '7060. In those years if the truck was manual it would have had a '7747.

You need to finish the connections at the dizzy. The ICM is what triggers the ECM for engine speed info through the purple/white wire from the module. The ICM needs to have 12V connected on the pink wire, the white wire that is paired with the pink wire is what triggers the coil.

So basically, the ICM functioning is of paramount importance to the PCM doing its job.

You will also need to make a number of changes to the BIN file to make it work with a non electronic automatic, since they never came that way.

The 16197427 would have likely been a better choice here since there plenty of info about using them with manuals and non-electronic auto transmissions.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.