Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Where can I go for harness modifications

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    So I just leave the MAP connector on my TBI harness disconnected? Will the computer not throw codes? How will it measure air?
    The reason why I ask is I was under the impression that 89 and newer TPI use MAP sensors right? My 92 has one mounted on the side, like this Vette does:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/90-91-Corvet...-/382059624647
    But I cant find a single unit like the one my camaro (MAP on the side).
    You can add a vacuum port or tee into the fuel pressure regulator vacuum port and run the MAP off that.

You would not want a MAF setup if you can avoid it because you will need a cold start block off kit. The 1985-86 F-car and all Corvette TPI lower manifolds are also not drilled at the correct angle for the truck heads.
    Last edited by Fast355; 04-26-2017 at 09:17 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/pts/6103987090.html

A guy in your area also has a 2" bore Holley TBI. You can actually fit the stock injector pod to these and they work quite well.

https://dallas.craigslist.org/mdf/pts/6087393563.html
    Last edited by Fast355; 04-26-2017 at 09:27 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    I just came across this.
    http://www.superchevy.com/how-to/eng...-tpi-manifold/
    That is tempting. And vortec heads are all over the place. I have never gone as far as replacing heads before, but is it that big of a deal...

Edelbrock 3505 - SCB TBI to MPFI with Vortec Heads.

dave w
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fuel Injected!
    Mine is the 3501 but too bad they arent made anymore and I doubt they can be found online anymore.

Fuel Injected!
    I read over moates, and it appears that the 95 model vehicles may be flashable? So no chip burning required?

Fuel Injected!
    No, just the 94-95 LT1 PCM's were flashable.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by lionelhutz View Post
    No, just the 94-95 LT1 PCM's were flashable.
    Not exactly true. Never have seen a 350 version but I have heard of a few TBI 350 engines in 1995-1996 that had a Vortec style black box, crab style distributor and crank sensor. I have seen both a TBI 4.3 and CPI 4.3 setup this way.

Fuel Injected!
    I bought a burn2, and eproms on the way, and still waiting on some emails to be returned, and other hardware to be shipped.

FYI I converted my 94 K2500 to TPI...I have an NV4500 so the the 4L60E was not a problem, just pinned in a 730 ecm...trucks not on the road yet...hopefully this summer.

Fuel Injected!
    i am still waiting on a harness and intake, so thought would get programming and the fuel pump out of the way.
    The chip is a BJYL, and i did an import via tunercat, saved to bin. I tried to import and it said I needed a $0F ECM definition file. I was under the impression I needed a $0D?

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    i am still waiting on a harness and intake, so thought would get programming and the fuel pump out of the way.
    The chip is a BJYL, and i did an import via tunercat, saved to bin. I tried to import and it said I needed a $0F ECM definition file. I was under the impression I needed a $0D?
    BJYL is $0D. Not sure why you would choose the import option. Just download the BJYL.BIN file on this site and select open bin on TunerPro. Then open your definition file or .XDF. Would recommend dowloading the advanced $0D file from this site. It has most of the pertinent settings, constants, and tables defined and documented.

If you need a hand making sense of it, I am in HEB/Haltom city this weekend and could be willing to provide some assistance provided a cold beer or two is involved. Its starting to get warm out!

Fuel Injected!
    Sorry, what i did was Read EPRom, 27C512, and then save the bin. I just wanted to get my own baseline.
    Are you referring to these bins, post 3:
    http://gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injecti...Information-0D

As for the jumper wire for CPI, how is that going to work if I have to use the moates converter adapter?

BTW im out of town this weekend, maybe next weekend when i should have all parts on hand for swapping.

Fuel Injected!
    I burned my first chip and ignored the adapter and just used a dip socket. The height of the chip and dip socket was perfect underneath the cover when snapped on, so I suppose no soldering will be needed. Even with the cover off, it feels held in there pretty well.

Fuel Injected!
    Does anyone know why I cannot put higher than 3800 in "usec Added" in the Injector PW Correct vs Battery Voltage table? I need 7782 for the TPI injectors on a couple of the rows. I am just using row by row of what one of the Z28 bins has for its injector settings.

1992 Camaro Z28 5.7
    1995 Silverado 5.7 TPI