Hey everyone, I’ve been a lurker here on the forums for a couple of years now just soaking up as much info as possible while I slowly make progress on my project. Thanks to all of the contributors here, so many helpful individuals.

Here is my project:

1962 Chevy C20 ¾ Ton Pickup
355ci SBC, Vortec heads, flat top pistons (9.4:1), 3 speed manual transmission
Flat tappet cam: 214/214 @50, .443”/.443” lift, 110 LSA
5.7L TBI unit (factory bore), 18 psi regulator spring (Injectors were flow tested at 86 lb/hr at 18 psi)
Painlesss Wiring TBI Harness, TPI fuel pump, Two-pulse VSS from Jags-That-Run

1227747 ECM, Datalogger from Moates, Ebay chip programmer, Using TunerPro

Here is my plan:

I am thinking about taking the spark and VE tables from a bin file that DaveW (Thanks!) posted awhile back for a 350 Vortec AT engine and copying them to a bin for a 5.7L manual transmission engine and use this as my starting point. I will apply the EGR patch and update the BPC value to the manual .bin file I choose.

Questions:

- Any red flags thus far?!
- Besides the VE tables and the SA table is there anything else I should copy over from the vortec AT to the manual bin?
- Since my cam has a tighter LSA than recommended would it be a good idea to increase the target idle value to ~800-850 rpm for starters?
- One thing I wonder about is whether it is smart to subtract a few degrees of timing across the main SA table to decrease the risk of a lot of knock right off the bat in case my setup requires less timing than the vortec bin that Dave posted.