Thread: Need help with tbi wiring!

Carb and Points!

Need help with tbi wiring!

Hi! New member from SWEDEN And i need your help bad! I have a 1990 chevrolet caprice vin Y, with a 700r trans and the electronic rochester carb and computer controlled ignition! i have removed the original wiring, carb and computer, i have the complete tbi wiring , computer and instructions . my problem is that the instrucktion does not cover how to connect the trans and diagnostic wiring! i have complete books with wiring for both the donor car and my car the problem is that it seem that hey have different names for the same thing in different books and the wirecolours are diffrent for the same funktion ! Iīm a nervous wreck! Has anyone done this swap !

Thankīs Sigge!

Fuel Injected!
    You'll need to provide more details. Part numbers, donor vehicle etc. Over here, the 90 GM trucks had TBI on them.

Carb and Points!
    the donor wehicle was a chevrolet blazer, 350 engine (i think1988) ecm is 1227747 ! The caprice is a wagon with olds 307 and an th 700r4 (vin Y) The underhood wiring is pretty straight forward, but the problen is the underdash wiring. the wires that goes to vss and diagnostic and some other stuff all have different colours in the tbi harness compared to the caprice harness, and to make matters worse, the authors of the wiring schematics have different names on the same thing. and english is not my 1st language

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by sigge View Post
    the donor wehicle was a chevrolet blazer, 350 engine (i think1988) ecm is 1227747 ! The caprice is a wagon with olds 307 and an th 700r4 (vin Y) The underhood wiring is pretty straight forward, but the problen is the underdash wiring. the wires that goes to vss and diagnostic and some other stuff all have different colours in the tbi harness compared to the caprice harness, and to make matters worse, the authors of the wiring schematics have different names on the same thing. and english is not my 1st language
    Should actually have a 200-4R not a 700R4.

Carb and Points!
    ok! Lets say it has a 200r4 just to make things easyer (same basic functions)

Fuel Injected!
    We can't guess what wires you're trying to connect and no-one is likely to go through wiring diagrams to guess at what you need and create a list of wires. Break it down by each wire you're having trouble with and where you're thinking it should go.

Carb and Points!
    You donīt need to guess anything! My question was if anyone had done this swap and could tell me how to connect the wires to the vss ,trans lock up and diagnostic unit. it is like six wires , so no one need to guess and i do not need anyone to go through any diagrams, all wiring under the hood is pretty easy

You need to make a spreadsheet to map all the pin outs to there sensors that way color doesn't matter a separate page for each connector
    Last edited by De-stroker; 04-11-2017 at 06:04 PM.

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by De-stroker View Post
    You need to make a spreadsheet to map all the pin outs to there sensors that way color doesn't matter a separate page for each connector
    Working on that right now! slowly getting there!

its easy gm did a good job