Thread: No Mask ID?

Electronic Ignition!

No Mask ID?

I have read a post on here about setting the mask ID to AA for disabling the checksum. The current bin file I'm working with does not show a mask ID anywhere under scalars or tables. I have a 1227165 ecm, the bin file is the 86TPI. I've tried the $32, $32b, and the 6E xdf. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Administrator
    I don't have TP installed on this machine but MaskID is $32, $6E, etc. It's a scalar. Sometimes it's called calibrationID or promID although these are not technically correct. The location is usually at 0x0008 so you could define the value yourself or use the hex editor function of TunerPro to edit the value manually.

Electronic Ignition!
    Ahhh.... OK ,it was just named differently. thanks for your help

Electronic Ignition!
    OK I still must not have something right. As soon as I tried to disable the checksum, as described on a different thread, my cooling fan came on and my data log info started reading crazy.

Did you do that while emulating? Typically I set maskID to AA then save, then upload it to an emulator.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Electronic Ignition!
    It would not let me change it while emulating. I had to "release hardware", change the mask id then re-upload the file to the auto prom. That's when it started.

Administrator
    Was the ecm powered when you changed the file? It's best to have it powered down. Also, you could try downloading the file from the emulator and see if its the same as the one you were uploading.

Electronic Ignition!
    The key was off. No power to the ecm when I loaded the file. I will have to start from scratch tomorrow morning. Hopefully I can get this figured out because I cannot make any real-time changes as of now. And to top it off, Ive only been able to get one ads/adx file to data log, and it doesn't log much info.

What do you mean you couldn't change the mask ID while emulating? Setting aside for a moment that you need to power down the ECM for 5 to 10 seconds for the checksum disable to take effect, if you couldn't change that while emulating, then you'll likely have issues changing other stuff. AFAIK there's no built in way for TP EAT to lock out certain parameters under certain conditions.

Please clarify, because there might be something else going on here.

What emulation hardware are you using?
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Electronic Ignition!
    I am using Tuner Pro RT with the Moates Autoprom for emulation. As of right now I have to enter 80F into the Prom ID scalar to make any changes during emulation. If the engine shuts down for any reason I have to stop emulating and reset the Prom ID to 80F or I get a "update failed" error message. I have tried setting the Prom ID to AA and saving the file then uploading it to the emulator, but as soon as I start to emulate it goes into limp mode. Fortunately I have made enough progress that the engine doesn't shut down too often, but I have gotten to the point I need to make changes for acceleration.