Thread: Old Ford guy

Carb and Points!

Old Ford guy

Good evening from Georgia, I am a retired body constuuction engineer from the Ford Atlanta Assembly Plant. I have enjoyed reading many post's and learning more about E.F.I. as I have little knowledge in this area.
    I have a 1996 Chevy K2500 I picked up rather cheaply with a lot of after market accessories . I have rebuilt the suspension to suit me, yes it is STIFF. I checked all the cool parts that were installed and glad I did. What idiot would do the level of work I found on this truck is beyond me. Now
    the 4L80 transmission is totally blown, but I have one ready to go in the truck as soon as I have a free day.
    Thanks for all the great information you share on this forum, have a great evening. Richard.

Administrator
    Welcome to Gearhead-EFI.

Glad you are finding the site useful! We generally have a positive signal to noise ratio here.

You folks have no vehicle safety inspections down there, correct? I visited family in St. Marys in January and I saw vehicles on the road ranging from good to scary.

Carb and Points!
    Well, that's a very iffy subject. I think it is the L.E.O.'s decision on what is road worthy and what is not. We live thirty five miles south west of Atlanta so for the most part everything we encounter is pretty new. Most people commute to and from Atlanta so it is in their best interest to maintain their vehicle at all times. Emission testing is only performed in Atlanta and a few of the surrounding counties. I live in a sparsely populated county with only a part time P.D. They are more interested in writing speeding tickets than anything else. They hide in places where the speed limit changes drastically just to cite someone for 7 mph over.
    I've never been to New Hampshire but understand it is a beautiful state. After I retire AGAIN my and I plan on exploring any of my bikes anymore due to the stupid things I done when younger.
    Have a great day and enjoy yourself, this is a one way ride my friend, Richard.

Carb and Points!
    Sorry, I'm at work and the plant manager came by to talk, so when I posted some of the post was not corrected after I had changed it. I do apologize. Thank you.