Thread: Iron duke (pontiac151) MPFI build

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I'm late to the party on this thread. This thread reminded me of a similar project (started by the late eaglemark) http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...RE-with-GM-ECM It's a long thread. Basically an external trigger wheel (which I designed) was used. See attached pics.

So let's fast forward a few years ... I would suggest the "What If" the 4 cylinder MPFI system was leveraged of the OBD2 Oldsmobile Quad 4? Basically I would design a dual trigger distributor ( cam and crank triggers relocated to the distributor), similar to the OBD2 dual trigger I make for a SBC using the '0411 PCM. See attached pic.

dave w
    Attached Images Attached Images

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    I'm late to the party on this thread. This thread reminded me of a similar project (started by the late eaglemark) http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...RE-with-GM-ECM It's a long thread. Basically an external trigger wheel (which I designed) was used. See attached pics.

So let's fast forward a few years ... I would suggest the "What If" the 4 cylinder MPFI system was leveraged of the OBD2 Oldsmobile Quad 4? Basically I would design a dual trigger distributor ( cam and crank triggers relocated to the distributor), similar to the OBD2 dual trigger I make for a SBC using the '0411 PCM. See attached pic.

dave w

So if i were to get the tuner cat quad 4 ecu file I would still have to design a new sensor wheel? (Not that it probably makes any difference, but between 87 and 91 they used this computer which is OBD 1 on the Olds Q4)