Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Hacking the DataStream

Well I got the Injector Duty Cycle in and looks to be working properly, I'll have to do some WOT High PRM testing. It's about 1% at idle and hit 29% at 85 kpa at 3000 rpm was the highest I had on only data log with BPW installed. By reading the info above posted by Greg from RBob and Fast355 if I double that to 6000 RPM and KPA was a little closer to 100 it's about right!

Also got a MPG history table in, copied mostly from $OD but needed some tweaks for $42. In looking at short data log I had from testing the original post of this thread it seemed quite accurate at cruising speeds around town at 15 to 18 and I do get 17.5 highway MPG! Of course it goes to .9 MPG WOT and 51 MPG at decel and cruise looks good, so I'd say it's working properly too!

TPS percent worked like a charm using oldpa3 data stream address!

Got one more data address I would give up, O2 cross counts. For AFR and tried some address in hac and got some data but I may need a calulation for it to work? Or may need 2 address? One gave constant changing number which didn't look right. The other 2 gave one number and quit, the other one gave one number and quit. So I may need to combine them 2... if it's even possible, but don't have any other data stream I would want to give up.

Just not much to work with on this old C3 160 baud...

Glad you posted this Greg, I learned a lot and had fun with it, will really help in future!

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Super Moderator
    well Mark, you could expand the datastream to include more bytes, but then the updates would be even slower.

what dimented24x7 did for the 8063 ECM would be interesting to apply to the 7747: 38,400 baud.

no clue how he accomplished it though.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

I'm just glad I eventually got it right.
    This is why I like TunerPro so much, the possibilities are almost endless. You can configure everything the way you want.
    1978 Camaro Type LT, 383, Dual TBI, '7427, 4L80E
    1981 Camaro Z-28 Clone, T-Tops, 350/TH350
    1981 Camaro Berlinetta, V-6, 3spd
    1974 Chevy/GMC Truck, '90 TBI 350, '7427, TH350, NP203, 6" lift, 35s

Administrator
    So did you use the reference pulse counter or another variable? Are you able to configure it so displayed IDC is correct for the current firing mode?

The 808 Australian ECM had no ALDL hardware on board but it's not unusual for the Aussie guys to add it these days. There might be some neat ideas on delcohacking.net

Quote Originally Posted by RobertISaar View Post
    well Mark, you could expand the datastream to include more bytes, but then the updates would be even slower.

what dimented24x7 did for the 8063 ECM would be interesting to apply to the 7747: 38,400 baud.

no clue how he accomplished it though.
    Probably just swap in a C4 before I'd try anything exotic like that. I think I'm about done with C3, if it wern't for having this clean ol 1990 Square Body Suburban for 10 years now I probably wouldn't have put this much effort into it! It's a bone stock daily driver that has taken care of me and the family while I do other projects and has never let us down.

Quote Originally Posted by gregs78cam View Post
    I'm just glad I eventually got it right.
    This is why I like TunerPro so much, the possibilities are almost endless. You can configure everything the way you want.
    Me too but I think the problem was the hac is just not as detailed as C4 stuff. TunerPro is amazing compared to using TC and DM or WinALDL together they are so limited. It really is an amazing piece of software for our purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
    So did you use the reference pulse counter or another variable? Are you able to configure it so displayed IDC is correct for the current firing mode?

The 808 Australian ECM had no ALDL hardware on board but it's not unusual for the Aussie guys to add it these days. There might be some neat ideas on delcohacking.net
    Not yet, the only data log I had was short with only one small WOT and I did not see Asych flag come on. May need to do that with further testing. I have been doing some reading at delkohacking the past year but was mainly for ALDL modes.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-