Thread: Tuner Pro RT and Moates Autoprom issues

Electronic Ignition!

Tuner Pro RT and Moates Autoprom issues

Hey guys any help would be appreciated. I'm new to tuning and cannot get my autoprom to emulate correctly. My car will run with the stock chip and memcal but if I use the autoprom with the G1 adapter it runs way to rich. I have tried several different bin files and they all do the same thing so I have come to the conclusion I am doing something wrong.

Fuel Injected!
    You have to adjust the bin to fit your vehicle. You have to do dataloging. You've got some reading to do. :)
    1994 Chevy G30 Van "Big Blue"
    5.7 TBI, Vortec Heads, Summit Intake, Thorley Short Headers with dual 2.5" exhaust, 4L80E transmission

Fuel Injected!
    Moquinn,

Being new to tuning, are you certain you have the APU1 and G1 adapter setup and connected correctly? I ask because you state you cannot emulate. Are you able to upload successfully a bin from the laptop to the APU1? Your inability to emulate may indicate that you maybe experiencing issues with setup and connectivity between the APU1 and laptop. Also, are both the .xdf and .adx files appropriate for the .bin?

Lastly, while I myself am new to tuning, I have been told that a motor will run rich when in limp home mode.

Electronic Ignition!
    It was going into limp home mode. The .xdf file I was using did not have a "Mask ID"parameter so I could not disable the checksum. I've had little time to work on the car but it runs pretty good now.
    Last edited by moquinn; 02-15-2018 at 05:12 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    Good for you moquinn! At least you are now chasing the right things and can now focus on getting to emulate. So, does your laptop now recognize and communicates with the APU1? If you haven't figured it out yet, here is what Stew has found that works. Now I don't have any problems using my APU1. I am very fortunate to have Stew in the local area. He has been helping me a lot.

Before you start up TunerPro, be sure the USB cable is hooked up to your laptop, Then, check to see what COM Port is being used by the USB. Next in TPRT, click on TOOLS, then Preferences; next go to Data Acq./Emulation, then Interface Type and select option "Use Plug-in". Next, go to Configure Plug-in Component and view the COM post. The Com port may have these brackets {COM4} or appear without the brackets...no brackets means they are in sync.

Now, go back to Interface Type and select option "AutoProm/MAFTPro". Next, select the boxes at bottom right APPLY and OK. At this point, note if TPRT now shows your AutoProm in the second box on the bottom next to the red box with "Not Emulating". If not check to make sure the two sliders on the right of the APU1 are positioned correctly. http://support.moates.net/autoprom-apu1/
    Basically, the position of the inside slider will depend on whether you have a 160-baud ECM or 8192-baud PCM. Once you see that your laptop and APU1 are connected, you are on your way.

Come back and let us know if you are still having problems...good luck!!!
    Last edited by 57 Handyman; 02-16-2018 at 01:24 AM.

Electronic Ignition!
    The only issue I'm having with emulation at the moment is switching the 10k (inner switch) after connecting to the AUP1. I have read a lot post on here that say to have the inner switch in the 10k position to start the ECM and tuner Pro/ laptop communicating. Then once they are communicating to switch it to the other position to take it out of "diagnostic mode". Whenever I switch it out of the 10k mode it will stop data logging and there is a noticeable change in the spark timing. I don't get to mess with it too often and the timing is now my biggest problem. I can get it running really well but as soon as I disconnect the cable for data logging it changes my spark timing.

Fuel Injected!
    Sounds like you have it all covered including mention of 10k resistor w ‘165 ECM... Seem to have eliminated connectivity issues by isolating just the wires that needed to be connected. hth
    xraycable.jpg
    Last edited by stew86MCSS396; 02-16-2018 at 11:11 PM.