Just a little background...

I have a TBI truck with a new vortec 350 motor, and rebuilt nv3500 swapped in place of the original 700r4. All is going well for the most part, except I'm having a shifting issue. The clutch for whatever reason doesn't seem to want to disengage quick enough. Keep in mind these are all new parts(clutch, flywheel, pre-bled slave/master cylinder kit, etc).

When I'm driving(this usually happens with gears 1, 2, and 3) I'll press the clutch in, and there's always a delay before I can fully put it into gear, kind of like lockout, but if I wait long enough, I can eventually shift. So if I'm in first gear, I'll press the clutch, and then it seems like it doesn't want to come out of gear when I want it to. It will eventually come out of first, but then I have to delay a couple of seconds before it will go into second.

I actually removed the transmission at one point and had a mechanic look at the internals to see if it was rebuilt poorly, but he said it all looked good, new synchros and all.

I'm thinking it might be the slave/master cylinder system, but it doesn't leak, it's new, and it was already pre-bled from the factory. I'm at a loss considering everything is new. If you guys have any ideas they would be greatly appreciated.