Thread: lots of p59 1mb pcm questions

Electronic Ignition!

lots of p59 1mb pcm questions

the first question I have is the I have a p59 pcm with os 12592618. I have hp tuners and viewing the tables it has them for the iac. has anyone taken a pcm that does not have the iac driver installed and install the component's on the board? If I socket my flash chip and and use hp tuners to make changes then read the chip would that make creating a xdf for it easier? also where is the pcm serial number stored? is it on the flash chip and how would I find it? could I read the bin from 1 computer and flash it to another computer as long as they are the same os and have a identical computer down to serial number and vin? also is there not a way to convert a .hpt file back to bin? that would make life easier then flash with hp tuners pull chip and read and view with hex to find calibrations for making a xdf.

Lots of questions. It would be easier to answer if you give some formatting to your text.

1- I tried that but the IAC driver isn't easy to find, so I didn't pursue this matter and started using earlier P59 with the driver installed from factory. You still need to flash a OS for IAC operation, a DBW one will not work.

2- If you need to read the BIN directly from PCM, yes. If you have another software/cable to read the PCM and save as .bin it's better. PSOP chips are

3- location depends on the PCM and flash chip, some have it in the flash some have it in another chip.

4- Yes, you can flash any P59 BIN to another P59 regardless of OS and VIN, doing this will clone the other PCM.

5- Not directly. The only way is flashing the changes and reading as BIN with other tools.

Electronic Ignition!
    sorry about that maybe I can do a little better this time.
    1-I have looked and have seen some zip 15 drivers that look identical but I am unsure of the specs needed. I wish I could find the data sheet or specs for the factory driver. There might be a easy to obtain driver if knew what to look for. I was looking and several of the computers i have licensed the os on them were available with cable.
    2-The only tuning software I currently own is hptuners.
    3-The only pcm's i am currently working on or have access to are 2003-2007 p59 1mb with the am29f800bb-70se. I have serval of these and have 3 vehicles with them in it.
    4-So it is possible to read the bin file and have a base file then flash with hptuners and read bin after flash and compare in hex editor. would that help with creating a xdf? I would like to create some xdf's but i am unsure on where to start or how to begin.

Yes, you will literally be reverse engineering a reverse engineered software to make a map for the binary.
    What do you want to accomplish doing this?
    There are dozens of different P59 operating systems, even using a finished product like HPT will take months of work to make usable XDF's for an old platform. There are cheap ways to tune those vehicles without the hassle.

Electronic Ignition!
    Well mainly just trying to get around the 100 bucks per pcm for tuning. What other tuning software is out there for free for these computers? I am probably just thinking to hard and trying to reinvent the wheel lol.

Electronic Ignition!
    With the iac driver thing I was just trying to maybe spend 15 or 20 bucks to get cable throttle working with what I have instead of tracking down a different computer and spending 50 bucks for another computer. Also I know of a lot of people that has passed on those computers and harness because they wanted DBC and not dbw. Also I'm just using this to try and learn as much as I can.