Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5.7 vortec runs rich

One option would be to read the Harris Memcal with a Moates.net Burn 2 - http://www.moates.net/burn2-chip-pro....html?cPath=94 and HDR1 Memcal Header - http://www.moates.net/hdr1-memcal-he....html?cPath=64

See attached picture.

Then you can load the .bin file read from the Harris Memcal into the Ostrich 2.0 with TunerPro RT.

dave w
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dave, this may be one of the chips that Harris locked the BLM's on, he should probably start with a stock Bin and tune from there.
    Square body stepsides forever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jim_in_dorris View Post
    Dave, this may be one of the chips that Harris locked the BLM's on, he should probably start with a stock Bin and tune from there.
    I've fixed (re-tuned) my share of Harris Performance Chips over the years. I agree, start with a stock chip and tune with TunerPro RT from there...that's been my recipe for success. I can only wonder if Harris Performance used TunerPro RT, what would happen with his customer satisfaction %? In all fairness to Harris Performance, very few of his customers can or are willing figure out TunerPro RT.

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    Hey dave W, I loaded the bin you set me and it works better than the harris chip. Thank you for getting me into this, and for your help. I used the harris chip in the new run 1.xdlECU and it seems to be working. If I knew what I know now, I would have not bought that chip. I've been busy with work and haven't had time to learn more but, I'm looking forward to it. I attached a data log, thanks again

Fuel Injected!
    Questions...I've been using a tablet with one usb port, and wondered if I can use a laptop to emulate and data log at the same time?
    Does the emulation need to be in progress to run the bin that it loaded onto ostrich 2?

Fuel Injected!
    When I change the injector flow and save it, I unplug the computer from the ostrich, turn off the truck, then it goes into "limp mode"... why? I was able to get it working again by removing the G1 adapter, unplugging the memcal and plugging it directly into the ECM. What am I missing??