That second melling cam makes a lot of ponies on small displacement. I wish the torque was stronger. I really appreciate the responses. I have checked out about 10 cams so far, all of which are not bad cams, but for the $ i have to spend, the comp cam still looks good for what I want. I need to go buy a set of small bore split ball gauges and measure my valve guides, I think I may have to spring for some more machine work. All of the valve stems I have measured (both intake and exhaust from 2 different 350's) are .334-.335 diameter, which is smaller than what I thought they were supposed to be, but having identical sizes between the two heads from different motors makes me wonder if the stock valves were just that size. I have 1 head in the shop right now getting surfaced, it was a little low between the 2 middle cylinders. My son and I took the 882 heads off the 283 Sunday, and the motor looks clean, still has some of the cross-hatch from when it was built. Going to redo the front and rear main seals, and maybe peek at a bearing before I start putting it back together.