Thread: 5.7L running too lean (very high NOx), won't pass state emissions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!
    This part number is on the injector body AC 112. Next to it is another number 17064317. However, when I search AC Delco's website, it says both numbers don't exist. See
    Lee
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
    This part number is on the injector body AC 112. Next to it is another number 17064317. However, when I search AC Delco's website, it says both numbers don't exist. See
    Lee
    If they are factory injectors where the injector connector clips there will be two painted strips. A 350 truck injector will be Orange/Black.

Fuel Injected!
    Lee
    If they are factory injectors where the injector connector clips there will be two painted strips. A 350 truck injector will be Orange/Black.

The pic you posted is for the fuel meter body. Each injector will be stamped itself. Under the injector connector.

Fuel Injected!
    These are Marine high pressure injectors. Pink/Purple....Notice the rusty looking area on them. That is the factory stamping ID.

Fuel Injected!
    Well, here are three photos of my injectors. One of them shows the orange and green wires and an orange marking on the front side of the first injector. The second photo clearly shows a black marker on the back side of the first injector. The third photo is looking down into the bottom of the first injector where if you zoom the picture you can see a large number 5 on one side and I think a small number 02360. So, are these 60lb injectors?
    Lee

Fuel Injected!
    Well, here are three photos of my injectors. One of them shows the orange and green wires and an orange marking on the front side of the first injector. The second photo clearly shows a black marker on the back side of the first injector. The third photo is looking down into the bottom of the first injector where if you zoom the picture you can see a large number 5 on one side and I think a small number 02360. So, are these 60lb injectors?
    Lee
    Those are 61s.

Fuel Injected!
    So, injectors are good. I also tested the fuel pressure at the outlet of the fuel filter and it measured 14lbs. See attached photo. Since the fuel pump is in the tank and it is a pain to get to the metal fuel line connecting at the bottom of the TBI, I took the easy way and measured it at the fuel filter.
    Lee

What BCC is in the ECM? 92 could have been a 305 bin which would run lean all the time. I know from experience, I fought it for years until I figured out a PO had swapped out the 305 for a 350. Just a thought.
    Square body stepsides forever!!!