i'm writing a new tool for narrowband tuning as an alternative to using spreadsheet-based tools or tunerpro's history table thing. it will be based on eehack's analyzer, but way more general purpose and easy to use.

for input, you will provide CSV log files.

the program will build a 'log profile' when the very first log is loaded. the log will be parsed for header information and attempts will be made to automatically determine common fields like 'Coolant Temperature' or 'BLM Cell' or 'LTFT' or 'Power Enrichment Active' to build a profile of parameters that are used for BLM-based tuning. i will do some analysis of common XDF files to determine common names.

afterwards the user will be presented with a list of these parameters to confirm that they're correct, and offered the option to select alternative fields instead, or to 'fill in the blanks' if something has an uncommon name. the user can also select unit of measure for temperature based fields or whatever.

then the parameters available will automatically be parsed into a rough 'filter list', with parameters such as 'if closed loop active == true' and 'if coolant temperature > 50' to help reject rows with crappy data. the filter list will be user editable, arbitrary parameters can be added, and will be saved on exit.

this should provide fairly easy to use ecm-independant input from any sane datalogging tool, including scan9495, tunercat, tunerpro with nearly any adx file, eehack, whatever else, and given a reasonable log format, an inexperienced user can probably just press 'ok' at this point and get good results, but an advanced user can carry on adding their own filters to get the best data possible.

for output:

maf or speed density will be selectable. one or two bank o2s. integrator data can optionally be used with a tuneable strength parameter. this will not analyze wideband or power enrichment data.

there will be three modes, and i will work on getting the first mode functional right away.

first mode is the 'works-for-everyone' case to simply output a list of trim averages, so a list of corrections that need to be made to the existing table(s), exactly like eehack's analyzer works now.

second 'manual' mode will provide two VE tables with selectable number of rows/columns and intervals, etc. the user will manually mirror the VE table from their XDF, then they can paste the data in, and it'll spit back out a new VE table.

third 'automatic' mode will load the bin file and make the changes itself (within reason). this will be restricted to some very common masks that i'll add myself to ensure that we aren't breaking bin files by accident. the program will also do some fingerprinting to ensure that we're working on the correct mask. i will add new masks on request.

i'm thinking that new tuners will be able to get a new VE or MAF table nailed with a minimum amount of effort or knowledge with this kind of design.

any users? beta testers?

timeframe is probably within the next month or so for a beta.