Thread: Is it possible that i don't have the oxygen sensor? ECM 16144288

Carb and Points!

Question Is it possible that i don't have the oxygen sensor? ECM 16144288

Hi gearhead forum,

I have a 1992 Blazer S10 and i think i dont have the Oxygen sensor. Is it possible? My ECM part number is 16144288 and attached are a log file on tuner pro. I am now running reach and have a late start.

Thanks for your suggestions,

Rafael
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fuel Injected!
    you have a sensor and it is switching rich lean as it should, but it never goes into closed loop. where are you loacated? you may be running an open loop bin file. is your engine stock? your map sensor readings are higher than a stock engine. here is a datalogger for tunerpro that has a little more added to it for the 288 ecm.
    Last edited by ony; 03-05-2017 at 04:31 PM. Reason: more info

Carb and Points!
    Hi Fuel Injected,

I am from Venezuela, Yes is the stock engine but I rebuilt it the last year. The only think that is different of all the rebuild components are the pistons, that are less heavy with thinner rings (Image of the pistons attached). I cannot see the O2 sensor. I was searching it by all the exhaust but i didn't find it. You know where is it? I also noticed the map value is lower of the 1.5 volts I am ready bought a analog vacuum tester for probe the MAP sensor readings. I will posted that probe this week.

This afternoon and going to log another reading with your datalogger.

Thanks

Rafaelpistons1.jpgpistons2.jpg

Carb and Points!
    Hi,

Attached Tuner Pro log file with ony datalogger.

Thanks05-03-17.xdl

Rafael

Fuel Injected!
    Yes it is possible you have no o2 as it might be setup for leaded fuel and stock doesn't go into closed loop.
    6395, BHDF, 7.4 BBC lightly modded now 6395 BMHM back to BHDF

Fuel Injected!
    Rafael, about a year ago I was looking for a leaded bin but was unable to get any info. Do you know if in 94 or 95 there was any chev trucks or suburbans with the 7.4 motor in your country. If there was I wonder if there is any way you could get a broadcast code from one.
    Thanks
    6395, BHDF, 7.4 BBC lightly modded now 6395 BMHM back to BHDF

Carb and Points!
    Hi myburb,

That model with the 7.4 motor is pretty weird. I have a friend that have a Chayenne but I dont know if it have that engine. I will check and let you know. Thanks for the information I will heat my engine to operation temperature to see if it change the loop condition. If you saw the Tunner Pro log file I have 7 Knock sensor triggers.... Is it for a bad timing at idle? What is the procedure for put on time this type of system?

Thanks,

Rafael

Administrator
    Rafael, about a year ago I was looking for a leaded bin but was unable to get any info. Do you know if in 94 or 95 there was any chev trucks or suburbans with the 7.4 motor in your country. If there was I wonder if there is any way you could get a broadcast code from one.
    Some of the leaded fuel bins do little more than set the closed loop enable temp to an unreachable value.

Attached is a file which includes all the calibrations that show up when I search for L19 (TBI 454) and NM8 (with leaded fuel)