Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 94-95 $EE xdf (EEXTRA)

Quote Originally Posted by Lockdun1 View Post
    I’m super happy to see you obd 1 swapped your a4 I’m trying to do the same to my vette now. I’m waiting on the resistor for the pcm and the cable so I can give this a shot. How did you deal with the transmission electronics issue?
    I bought a sonnax reman valve body kit for 250$
    I had people online tell me that pcm for less may change something in the tune but nobody has pony up a copy of there tune so i could see what was changed. i have a feeling they are either maxing out(100%) the 3 -> 2 Solenoid Duty Cycle vs. Baro vs. MPH table or copying the 3->2 operating system code from 96/97
    97z28 A4 obd1 swap(16188051)
    Tunerpro Newbie

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lockdun1 View Post
    I’m super happy to see you obd 1 swapped your a4 I’m trying to do the same to my vette now. I’m waiting on the resistor for the pcm and the cable so I can give this a shot. How did you deal with the transmission electronics issue?
    I'm running a 96 transmission with a 95 $EE PCM. It's worked fine with no special changes being made.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by lionelhutz View Post
    I'm running a 96 transmission with a 95 $EE PCM. It's worked fine with no special changes being made.
    Same here. In the event I run a 94 trans in a 95 I put the 94 trans settings in. People want to feel the converter clutch engage. It usually works better when the 94 settings for lockup are used for all b body years. The v4p towing package tune works very well as a starting point.

Chris

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinodb1 View Post
    It appears, from the label, to be the position of latest closing of the injector, under ideal conditions.

If its set 6 degrees BTDC(Firing) that backs up fuel until the next rotation because the intake valve is already closed.

If its set to 6 degrees BTDC(Induction) thats then been blowing most of the fuel out of the exhaust on overlap, what some call "the valve rock"

To get a 320 degree duration(ADV) cam running properly in a TR6(Only 2500cc) we had to get it right, it would hardly run before that.

So where I am going with this is that if we want to run more than a Hotcam, say an 847 in an LT engine then it may be possible to fix all the issues like cam surge etc by just correcting the Injection timing!

Triumph did not get it correct initially, they had worked it out by 1972, Cosworth of course did know how to do it!

The question is what does the "6" in the table actually mean.........if EEHACK could be made to dynamically change that whilst running that could be very interesting for testing.

The idea being that instead of running the injectors at a duty cycle of 85% or so at WOT, we can drop that down to say 30-40% and time the injection better for a bit more power but more importantly fix up the low end driveability of a more radical cam and overly large injectors for idle.

To give an indication by changing the Injection timing on the TR6 we got a higher idle vacuum at the same revs with the 320 degree cam than with the standard 280 degree one, when its not revving it drives and sounds mostly like a STD car!

Its an realm of possible improvement I have not seen talked about before that I would like to test if someone can sort it out.

However only my 96 is running at present and LT1edit cannot do such things, I wasnt fortunate enough to get Tunercats before it was operationally onsold to JET.

Hence my comments that I was pleased to see some work being done on 96,97's.

Will that lead to a OBD2 XXHACK version?

Cheers
    Kevin
    …….responded wrong I didnt read far enough back

Fuel Injected!
    the numbers in that table refer to reference time periods in crank degrees. Whole numbers are equivalent to 90*. Make small changes and go check your fuel smell at idle. You will need to redo all your VE and MAF tables. A 409 stroker lt1 here running torque head has its EOIT settings at 6.1 I had to start over with the tune afterwards. Car was running hot and getting out of hand with the fuel being sprayed down the header vs being captured in the chamber. I was able to reduce VE down to 35 in the lower idle area. Using the afr and idle speed command I could push rpm down real low, like 400 rpm low so I could verify combustion stability. Header temps dropped almost 400*F verified with a FLIR camera. It made me a believer. I tried the same settings from an LT4 vette in a car I tuned with a hot cam and set its table to 6.0 from top to bottom due to overlap and it cleaned it right up too. I will be redoing its VE and MAF tables this week. It is real crisp on the throttle now too. I use bosch 3 injectors on both of those cars. One the white 36/lb and the grey 28 lbs on the hotcam car. I do is raise the LT1 fuel pressure up to 58 psi when using the bosch3's too drivability is excellent and it helps with vaporization lost to "retarding" the injection event until the exhaust valve is closed.

Accurate injector data is absolutely critical. I cannot stress that enough. Find a copy of the GM asa vette file and use those numbers for the bosch 3 injectors on an LT1. They will get you 80% there with the low pulse, minimum pulse and voltage offsets. This clears up the split trims others have issues with. I usually set the individual tables to 1.00 and check with thermal camera, but have been using the cylinder to cylinder test in eehack to dial this in for idle.

Beware of injectors that have a wide spray pattern. They are not easy to dialed correctly with offset data due to the amount of fuel sprayed on the port wall.

Ive left out a ton im sure. I got a cold and probably rambled on sorry about that.

Chris

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocko350 View Post
    Accurate injector data is absolutely critical.
    You can check this thread for utmost precision.
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...r-Data-for-LT1

About table conversion.
    The max value is capped at $6f in code. According to my calculations, $6f is at 90 degrees after TDC and $00 is at 720 degrees after TDC. stock b,y settings are at 270* ATDC and f-body at 180*ATDC. So what are the settings that worked best for you so far?

You can get the latest beta eehack version here
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...ll=1#post71481

It has realtime time control of end of injection time and some other addons.

And some great chart for reference.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by kur4o; 10-02-2018 at 02:17 AM.

Carb and Points!
    Hey, I found this forum thru Steve's website. I thought I'd try to learn tuning a little bit starting with simple things like constants and switches. I was able to turn off Vats, skip shift, etc.

I'm trying to figure out if there is a way for me to do the following with the Extra .003 file and TunerPro RT:
    - I'd like the EGR solenoid to go to duty cycle 100% any time the car is between 1000 RPM and 2000 RPM. Always commanded on during these RPMs regardless of acceleration or deceleration.

If its possible, I'd like to add another constraint so that the EGR duty cycle goes to 100% after 10mph and turns off at 30mph.

So the requirements would be... EGR Duty Cycle 100% for RPMs range between 1000-2000 AND only at 10-30mph.

Is this possible?

Currently seeing my datalog, my EGR solenoid only turns on my PCM when the car is ACCELERATING. I believe it uses Map, TPS, RPM to figure this out but the car will not turn on EGR at steady speeds.

I found the section for EGR in the xdf file here:
    EGR TunerPro RT.jpg

For 260A it says "Enable EGR if RPM is >= THIS (EGRDC=0) ... I'm not entirely sure I understand but the value is set at 1000RPM. 260B is set for 2000 RPM.

So does that mean the EGR will come on always between 1000-2000 RPM or are these the parameters in which EGR would operate if it turned on?

What does EGRDC=0 mean? I couldn't find this.

2614 says EGR max dc% value? And it's set at 93. Does this mean that the EGR duty cycle can only go up to 93%?

Any help appreciated thanks..

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by ridiqls View Post
    Hey, I found this forum thru Steve's website. I thought I'd try to learn tuning a little bit starting with simple things like constants and switches. I was able to turn off Vats, skip shift, etc.

I'm trying to figure out if there is a way for me to do the following with the Extra .003 file and TunerPro RT:
    - I'd like the EGR solenoid to go to duty cycle 100% any time the car is between 1000 RPM and 2000 RPM. Always commanded on during these RPMs regardless of acceleration or deceleration.

If its possible, I'd like to add another constraint so that the EGR duty cycle goes to 100% after 10mph and turns off at 30mph.

So the requirements would be... EGR Duty Cycle 100% for RPMs range between 1000-2000 AND only at 10-30mph.

Is this possible?

Currently seeing my datalog, my EGR solenoid only turns on my PCM when the car is ACCELERATING. I believe it uses Map, TPS, RPM to figure this out but the car will not turn on EGR at steady speeds.

I found the section for EGR in the xdf file here:
    EGR TunerPro RT.jpg

For 260A it says "Enable EGR if RPM is >= THIS (EGRDC=0) ... I'm not entirely sure I understand but the value is set at 1000RPM. 260B is set for 2000 RPM.

So does that mean the EGR will come on always between 1000-2000 RPM or are these the parameters in which EGR would operate if it turned on?

What does EGRDC=0 mean? I couldn't find this.

2614 says EGR max dc% value? And it's set at 93. Does this mean that the EGR duty cycle can only go up to 93%?

Any help appreciated thanks..
    Anyone?

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by jthompson122183 View Post
    !!!DISCLAIMER!!!
    I make no guarantee as to the accuracy of this definition or any definition created by or modified by me. Use at your own risk! If you break your vehicle, fail emissions testing, or etc…, the fault is yours and no one else's.

This xdf started life as Steveo's EEX that can be found here http://fbodytech.com/eex-tunerpro-definition/

Read the "==!!Read!!==" section using category view for the big thank you for information.

09/14/17 LT1(older diss files from gearhead-efi repo).zip
    added diss file that helped me with this xdf.(I have not edited these in anyway, the way you see them is the way i got them)

10/26/17 obd2 on left obd1 on right.jpg
    the pic im posting are of my personal obd2 xdf and a 96 corvette auto cal and a 96 roadmaster cal this is the left side of the pic.
    The right side of the pic is the obd1 EE xdf and a 95 corvette auto bin and a 95 road master bin.

Lots is the same between the 94-95, 96-97 calibrations.

DO NOT ASK FOR THE OBD2 XDF I WILL NOT GIVE A COPY!!!

11/17/2017 added pic of the same code between $0D and $EE
    seems $0D and $EE share alot of the same auto trans routines.

12/26/2017 V0.002 released also added updated ida diss zip
    Nice work and thanks for sharing...
    I´m very new at this, but i hope to get some help from you guys...

Cheers

Carb and Points!
    can anyone help me with tuning my 94 z28. i installed a paxton novi gss supercharger and the guy i paid to tune it is playing games, saying its mechanical and its not the tune. i had a tuning shop look at the tune and they said that its bad and needs a retune, i dont have enough for a shop to tune the car and the guy doesn't want to tune it right. i went over everything and nothings wrong with the engine and car. stock injector's and tune works fine. but his tune 60lb injector's and the supercharger it pops and bangs at idle. any help would be grate