Thread: History average for BLM

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!

History average for BLM

Im am trying to tune my 93 K1500, 16168625, $E6 using Daves spread sheet. I have a good idea what to do as far as staying out of PE, etc. My question is regarding the history average in tunerpro. To get a true history average how does tunerpro do this? I believe as long as all my log files have been played through TP at some point, the average will come from all the played log files.. Please correct me if Im wrong. Just trying to make sure my history average is from all my log files. Thanks

Fuel Injected!
    You can disable PE when tuning so it does not affect your VE or spark. Are you taking multiple log files and trying to run them back to back so you fill up your BLM table more completely? If so that sounds like a good idea. Also you should be using the "running average" not the history average. I think the history average throws away the beginning blm data itself after so many sample counts. My history average only counts up to 100 sample counts where as the running average will average all the sample counts from the beginning of the logs to the end.

Fuel Injected!
    Yes I was wondering if the average was just for the particular run I was on or if it included the previous run as well. I guess it shouldnt matter as long as I use every run when tuning VE. I was using the history average, so thats good to know.. I will use running from now on. What table do you usually alter to disable PE?

Fuel Injected!
    I am using the 7747 ecm with $42. But you should be able to disable pe by setting the Cts to enable pe to its max setting that way pe never gets enabled. To get more accurate ve you should also turn off the egr, dfco, air diverter, and hiway lean if you have it enabled.