Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help pick the correct bin plzz

Fuel Injected!
    I'm getting warmer.

1st things first. with a g1 adapter I need to have a chip with a bin on it because it seems impossible to get that config off that chip without removing it.. agree?

2. Followed directions withing tunerpro, they seem better than any vid ( at least for me) . UPLOAD button never lights up. So, does this ribbon cable need to be connected or can I can do it from my Lazboy?

Fuel Injected!
    and if the ribbon cable needs to be connected, how does the truck have anything to run off of?

I'm missing something or overthinking it.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed_p View Post
    I went through the same thing, awaiting adapter, etc... I want to do the same thing, all these videos and no description on how to pull a stock BIN off of my truck.. I searched for two days. no luck. I feel like i wasted 329.00...gettting no where fast.
    http://support.moates.net/hdr1/
    You can use some creativity if you don’t want to purchase a HDR1...
    Last edited by stew86MCSS396; 03-30-2018 at 12:48 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    I wish they had of told me everything I needed... last week it was G1, now it's HDR1, whats next... I'll pay the money, that's not the issue, just tell me. ( Moates) not you.

Fuel Injected!
    I wish they had of told me everything I needed... last week it was G1, now it's HDR1, whats next... I'll pay the money, that's not the issue, just tell me. ( Moates) not you.
    Actually you don't need it if you can find the same bin or something similar to what you need at this link: http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...Information-0D

Just download and upload to emulator.

Fuel Injected!
    and if the ribbon cable needs to be connected, how does the truck have anything to run off of?

I'm missing something or overthinking it.
    My understanding is you have a APU1. Does your laptop detect APU1 hardware down at the bottom of TunerPro RT? You need to establish this connection by messing with the COM port on your laptop and preferences in TPRT. With the ribbon connected to G1 and G1 inserted into PCM, you should be able to load any bin into the emulator and the engine will be running off of the bin you just loaded to emulator.

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by CDeeZ View Post
    What exactly are you having problems with man?
    I agree. I would never recommend this programming software to anyone.... A person would be 1000 times better off. Buying a stand alone fuel injection system!!!! 900 dollars spent on something you can actually do something with

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by john123 View Post
    I agree. I would never recommend this programming software to anyone.... A person would be 1000 times better off. Buying a stand alone fuel injection system!!!! 900 dollars spent on something you can actually do something with
    I would think that a stand alone system requires the same know-how as far as dialing in a tune on a modded engine. If you refuse to get into tuning, run oem engines w oem tunes and be done with it.

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by stew86MCSS396 View Post
    I would think that a stand alone system requires the same know-how as far as dialing in a tune on a modded engine. If you refuse to get into tuning, run oem engines w oem tunes and be done with it.
    Well trying to compare a obd1 to a modern software setup. Is like comparing Atari's to a Xbox...
    Stand alone systems monitor them selves and self tune.

Carb and Points!
    But I'm trying like everyone else to make this headache work... I'm already out the money

Fuel Injected!
    it seems pretty obvious that this software is effective. I did homework on a standlaone system and 900 is a little light IMO. that being said, I have what I have and I firmly believe it will work at some point. It's a simple problem and there's more than likely a simple solution and then I can move onto the next challenge. I certainly didn't think I'd be stuck this far this early one, but it is what it is.

I have basic connectivity established via the adld cable , so I am able to see a dashboard with data coming from the truck.

That being said, at this point I think it's safe to say that I have the correct files loaded . ADX ADS. I pulled them right off of Tunerpro. Here's a question. Some of my observations prove to me that I wouldn't be able to connect if I had the wrong file..

NOW, I also have BIN file downloaded to my PC, one that is from a stock truck of the same genre.

Instructions tell me to put a chip in teh box and hit upload. the upload button is not lit. HOWEVER I am not connected to the vehicle , Do I have to be ? and if so do I have to be connected via the ribbon to the ECU and the ALDL cable as well. It appears as though from what gentlemen said I shold hook her up. THis didn't make logical sense to me at first because in my eyes the truck wasn't looking at any data, because A. I have no BIN on the chip B . the g1 adapter tkes that chip out of the mix IMO.

So one of two things is true . I am able to UPLOAD a BIN to a chip WITHOUT being connected to ECU and I;m just screwing up somewhere

OR, once I connect to the ECU some magical thing happens and I will be able to upload a config and all the stars will magically align. THis makes no logical sense to me.. BUT I will try it if I can get a small assurance that it can be done

Fuel Injected!
    at what stage are you at? are you further than me? It's a like a video game, we're breaking through levels, and this level is a bit tough, but the next level maybe we'll get an extra weapon or magical power .. right? that weapon may be this message board .

I own an Ostrich 2.0, which uses a ribbon cable connected to a G1. See attached pictures.

An accomplished tuner will use a Wide Band Oxygen Sensor (WBO2) for ALL EFI System, OBD1, OBD2, and Aftermarket (including the slow learning / auto tuning EFI systems).

dave w
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    I own an Ostrich 2.0, which uses a ribbon cable connected to a G1. See attached pictures.

An accomplished tuner will use a Wide Band Oxygen Sensor (WBO2) for ALL EFI System, OBD1, OBD2, and Aftermarket (including the slow learning / auto tuning EFI systems).

dave w
    I appreciate your answer but I'm so not there yet... I can't even get a BIN on a chip... I sent a letter to Moates... we'll see how that goes.. these dipswitches could be the culprit, or perhaps the box is bad... I'm reading the help files within TP to try and gain some knowledge.

Tehse switches should be laberled and a chart made, perhaps once I figure this out I will make such chart... I'd love to get to a point where I could provide some help to knuckleheads like myself

Fuel Injected!
    I wish I knew what this Ostrich is ... Do I need that too?