Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help pick the correct bin plzz

Fuel Injected!

Help pick the correct bin plzz

Hey fellas, I am just getting started tuning my truck that I am doing some mods to..Looking for a bit of guidance. Particularly picking the correct bin and files for tunerpro rt. I have a 93 K1500, 5.7, 4L60e, 4.10 rear. Right now it is basically bolt on mods done so I would like to start as close to stock bin as possible. Im later adding a new roller cam, vortec heads and larger throttle body (I hope I can find one used). I have a 16168625 pcm. Ive bought an autoprom and its on the way so If all fails I will pull the bin from the stock chip.. If possible with my gp1 adapter? I see tons of bins and files on this site for my pcm, but get a bit lost in all the choices. Any help is appreciated!!

This tread should help reduce the chip choices: http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...Information-E6 ... Maybe you can match the chip code you have with the one in the thread link. ... dave w

Fuel Injected!
    Thanks Dave. Why do some of the bins say California? Is it some special emissions equipment on the vehicles?

Yes, California has a different emission standard than the other 49 states. For example most TBI engines do not have a smog pump, but California emissions will have the smog pump. ... dave w

Fuel Injected!
    Okay thanks for the help. I am looking in particular for bdka. If I have to choose another bin do you know which would be closest to mine?

bdka is LO5 - 4L60E - 3.73 or 4.10 gears with Federal Emission (not California emissions). ... dave w

Fuel Injected!
    Yes thats what I need, just dont see it anywhere on here. I guess Ill have to wait until I can pull it from my stock chip

Quote Originally Posted by Stokes1114 View Post
    Yes thats what I need, just dont see it anywhere on here. I guess Ill have to wait until I can pull it from my stock chip
    That would be a good plan. ... dave w

Fuel Injected!
    Hey Dave,So I have my autoprom and adapter in my pcm, and I know theres a way to read my stock chip but I cant figure it out. I tried burning a couple but the truck wouldnt start. I believe it will be much easier with my stock bin since I dont have a ton of mods completed as of yet. Any helps greatly appreciated!

Fuel Injected!
    Thanks for the help Dave.. I was basically trying to find a way to read the stock chip without cutting it off the memcal. I realized I needed the hdr1... Its now on the way.

Fuel Injected!
    BDKA $E6 93 K1500 4L60e 5.7 Stock Bin.bin
    Dave,
    I received my hdr1 from moates and was able to pull my stock bin from my truck. Thought I would post it here since I didnt see it on the 16168625 file page.. just in case you want to add it.

Carb and Points!
    Thanks for the bin.. I was having same issues as you were locating a stock bin..

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by john123 View Post
    Thanks for the bin.. I was having same issues as you were locating a stock bin..
    I went through the same thing, awaiting adapter, etc... I want to do the same thing, all these videos and no description on how to pull a stock BIN off of my truck.. I searched for two days. no luck. I feel like i wasted 329.00...gettting no where fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed_p View Post
    I went through the same thing, awaiting adapter, etc... I want to do the same thing, all these videos and no description on how to pull a stock BIN off of my truck.. I searched for two days. no luck. I feel like i wasted 329.00...gettting no where fast.
    What exactly are you having problems with man?