Thread: Help pick the correct bin plzz

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by john123 View Post
    I agree. I would never recommend this programming software to anyone.... A person would be 1000 times better off. Buying a stand alone fuel injection system!!!! 900 dollars spent on something you can actually do something with
    That's not what I said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ed_p View Post
    I wish I knew what this Ostrich is ... Do I need that too?

I'll have to let Dave and some of the other guys speak about the Ostrich but it's an emulator and no you don't need one. It's a matter of convenience more than anything.

The ONLY stuff you should need is a chip burner, some chips, and a datalogging cable. You will need a way to get the chips into the ECM/PCM you're working on, either a ZIF socket, a G1 adapter etc.... All the rest of the stuff available is just "extra credit".....

My tuning toolbox for OBD1 is limited compared to someone like Dave. I have a burner, chips and an ALDL cable.

DON'T GIVE UP.... Stick with it and ask questions...... The benefit to learning how to do this yourself vs buying a self tuning standalone is you will develop an understanding of HOW and WHY....... Don't get me wrong some of the standalone systems are great... I for one have to understand how something works which is usually the hard route compared to buying a self tuning setup......

And listen to what Dave is saying about accomplished tuners using a wideband....... IMO it is the ONLY way to go about it..... I never liked using BLMs or fuel trims for tuning OBD1 or OBD2. AND! Dave is nice enough that he has shared his WBO2 spreadsheet with the community!!!!!!!
    Last edited by CDeeZ; 03-30-2018 at 08:51 PM.