it seems pretty obvious that this software is effective. I did homework on a standlaone system and 900 is a little light IMO. that being said, I have what I have and I firmly believe it will work at some point. It's a simple problem and there's more than likely a simple solution and then I can move onto the next challenge. I certainly didn't think I'd be stuck this far this early one, but it is what it is.

I have basic connectivity established via the adld cable , so I am able to see a dashboard with data coming from the truck.

That being said, at this point I think it's safe to say that I have the correct files loaded . ADX ADS. I pulled them right off of Tunerpro. Here's a question. Some of my observations prove to me that I wouldn't be able to connect if I had the wrong file..

NOW, I also have BIN file downloaded to my PC, one that is from a stock truck of the same genre.

Instructions tell me to put a chip in teh box and hit upload. the upload button is not lit. HOWEVER I am not connected to the vehicle , Do I have to be ? and if so do I have to be connected via the ribbon to the ECU and the ALDL cable as well. It appears as though from what gentlemen said I shold hook her up. THis didn't make logical sense to me at first because in my eyes the truck wasn't looking at any data, because A. I have no BIN on the chip B . the g1 adapter tkes that chip out of the mix IMO.

So one of two things is true . I am able to UPLOAD a BIN to a chip WITHOUT being connected to ECU and I;m just screwing up somewhere

OR, once I connect to the ECU some magical thing happens and I will be able to upload a config and all the stars will magically align. THis makes no logical sense to me.. BUT I will try it if I can get a small assurance that it can be done