Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ideas on chip relocation.

Fuel Injected!
    The setup has been working great. I haven't had any hiccups with the cable or chip extender. I have driven on some pretty bumpy roads and everything keeps a good connection between the ecm and chip. If you do decide to extend your chip I would get the 3 foot cable. Its only a dollar more than the 18in cable and the added length is convenient. My ecm is not in the most convenient location for chip swapping so this extender has been fantastic for accessibility. I would say its a luxury item though. Its not necessary but its nice to have. Like moates says, its the poor mans ostrich 2.0

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by joegreen View Post
    The setup has been working great. I haven't had any hiccups with the cable or chip extender. I have driven on some pretty bumpy roads and everything keeps a good connection between the ecm and chip. If you do decide to extend your chip I would get the 3 foot cable. Its only a dollar more than the 18in cable and the added length is convenient. My ecm is not in the most convenient location for chip swapping so this extender has been fantastic for accessibility. I would say its a luxury item though. Its not necessary but its nice to have. Like moates says, its the poor mans ostrich 2.0
    Thats good news to me. I was wondering the size cable you bought. I have the 18 inch for the autoprom while emulating but the 3 ft is what I want to just relocate the chip. I prefer the chip burning as Im still getting the feel for things. Definitely going to get these parts asap!