Thread: P08 xdf for tunerpro?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Electronic Ignition!

P08 xdf for tunerpro?

Hey guys, I'm new to gearhead efi and am a novice diy tuner. I originally tuned my 2000 s10 2.2 5 speed with hp tuners. I also have efi live for my LSx project but I took a look at the tune for my s10 P08 and efi live seems to have a few more parameters to edit but I still feel very limited. With both softwares tuning the P08 pcm is very limited. I was curious if there was an xdf or something floating around I can use with tunerpro? I also realize that this particular pcm is not very popular and is based on alpha-n. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Oh and I can post the tune file in efi live or hp tuners format if it helps.
    Last edited by jayyk31; 02-06-2017 at 02:40 PM. Reason: More info

Fuel Injected!
    I would very seriously doubt that the PCM in question is alpha-N tuned...if that was the case, simply changing elevation or a rainy day would cause it to fail emissions testing in the US...

More than likely you're trying to say it's not speed-density tuned, which would still not be the case...

MAF-based tuning still bases fueling on the mass of air, but it's simply directly measured instead of calculated.

MAP-based tuning bases fueling on calculated air mass, by measuring intake air temperature and manifold pressure.

Alpha-N tuning bases fueling on throttle position and RPM, and does not calculate or measure air mass. Changing the air filter on an engine tuned with Alpha-N will change the fueling.

Electronic Ignition!
    All of these years s10 and cavaliers who had the LN2 2.2 are "Alpha-N" tuned. The VE tables are tps × rpm with the exception of the VE Coast down table which is MAP × RPM. There is 1 oddball, hich I believe is a '97 cavalier, which has a map × rpm VE tables. Pull a tune from hp tuners repository and u will see. I will post up My tune after I get off work later tonight.When u change an air filter on something with "alpha n" the pcm has no idea that the change halpened. I don't know why GM decided to use this type of fueling. But it Def is and from the major tuning softwares it's very limited.
    Last edited by jayyk31; 02-07-2017 at 12:58 PM.

Electronic Ignition!