Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Truck falls flat after 3000 rpm.

Fuel Injected!
    Thanks. That picture helped alot. Did couple more ve learns with afr at 14.13. The truck is driving better ind im betting the blm's closer to 128. Right now they are around 123-130 except at idle where its still at 118 even after adjusting the ve. I have closed loop idle set so i should be getting good idle blm data.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Second thing, if i give it gas from dead stop it bogs and then picks up, this is after i doubled the tps and map ae. I know this means i should add tps AE. Should i just increase the tps ae until that goes away and not touch the map ae? Also should i double the tps ae again? I dont want to over do adding tpa ae but i also dont want to keep adding barely any ae. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Now lets say im holding down the brake and pushing on the gas. The truck wont make much power at first then after say 5-10 seconds it will start to move overcoming the brake friction. Why does it take time to make power? What parameters should i be looking at?---------------------------------------Lastly i have my cts in the intake manifold. Sometimes at idle it reads 185f. At what temperature does the ecm think the engine is fully warmed up. I dont want to be adjusting idle ve when the ecm thinks the engine is not fully warmed up.
    Last edited by joegreen; 01-30-2017 at 10:34 PM.

Record a log of it accelerating from a dead stop and post it.... Also, post an updated bin.....Did you modify your timing table? The bin that you posted has an crappy timing table. Try the timing table in the bin I posted. See if it peps up.
    Last edited by mmigacz; 01-30-2017 at 11:41 PM.
    1986 ski centurion boat, 351W, gt40P heads, edelbrock performer rpm, 1227747 ecm, 72 lb/hr injectors (@18 PSI fuel pressure), .490/.490 lift, intake 278 duration, exhuast 282 duration, 112 lobe separation

1969 camaro, 355ci, performer RPM intake, camel hump heads, 1227747 ecm, 454 throttle body (@18 PSI fuel pressure),

2016 Chevy Cruz

2014 Chevy Silverado

Fuel Injected!
    I havent changed any timing yet. Im pretty new to this tuning and the walk through said to adjust ve first. Do you want a log after i add the timing table or before. Here is a log from my 20 mile ride home. The bin posted is after i changed the ve table from my drive home today.
    Last edited by joegreen; 01-30-2017 at 11:58 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    Now that we are up and running i will post a data log with the new spark table. Im still doing ve learns so the .bin that i am including the ve does not correspond to the data log because i have changed it a few times since i took a log. Many various people on this site have been telling me to change the timing but i was a little hesitant because the vehicle is a daily driver and i wanted to get the ve learns done first. Now i understand why people were telling me to change the timing. Its like a whole new engine with that spark table. I know the spark table is going to need tuning as i am getting knock under some conditions but im getting there. The hesitation when stabbing the gas pedal or accelerating has totally dissapeared. Also when it shift from first to second or second to third i dont get the loss of power after each shift. It now keeps pulling after each shift. Anyway i appreciate everyone help so far.
    Last edited by joegreen; 02-05-2017 at 07:17 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    Could someone point me in the right direction to tune spark advance. Maybe I'm not good at googleing but I am having a hard time finding any info on how to make/modify the spark advance and how to properly view knock counts and pull timing. Thanks

I'm not sure if this is the best way, but I record what MAP reading and RPM knocks occure. After getting a rough idea which area's are problematic, I'll remove timing from the cells and smooth the adjacent cells out. I looked at your data log you posted. Try the attached timing curve. Its mellower when the engine is under load. I didn't change the low MAP cells, since no knock was occurring.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    1986 ski centurion boat, 351W, gt40P heads, edelbrock performer rpm, 1227747 ecm, 72 lb/hr injectors (@18 PSI fuel pressure), .490/.490 lift, intake 278 duration, exhuast 282 duration, 112 lobe separation

1969 camaro, 355ci, performer RPM intake, camel hump heads, 1227747 ecm, 454 throttle body (@18 PSI fuel pressure),

2016 Chevy Cruz

2014 Chevy Silverado

Fuel Injected!
    Be sure your fuel filter is clean.

peace
    Hog

Fuel Injected!
    I haven't driven my driven my truck in a few days and I have been waiting on my moates chip extender before I started burning chips again. Now that I have everything I am going to start logging and tuning again. I haven't tried the new spark table from mmigacz but plan on it. Thanks

Fuel Injected!
    I have been reading up on tuning today and playing with tunerpro. I followed eaglemarks tutorial on how to enable data tracing. Its nice to use the data tracing when watching data logs. Also i have been watching data logs in real time ever since i started tuning. Its painfully slow but i just discovered that you can speed up the playbacks by changing the playback speed under the acquisitions tab. Im sure most everyone knows you can do that but it never occurred to me before that it might be possible to speed up the playbacks.