Bringing TBI and Multi Port Fuel Injection to a New Level.     EFI Conversions and Tuning! Seattle to Portland! E-mail Tuning Consultant!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TBI tuning

Fuel Injected!
    I've got connection, data and can playback. What should I do next? This is getting fun and I'm ready to learn more.

Fuel Injected!
    dhworkin,

How you progressing with your learning curve? I'm also new to this kind of stuff so I am interested and going to follow this thread...although somewhat old...to learn along with you.

Fuel Injected!
    Hey Handyman, I've learned the tunerpro rt program enough to make changes and correct my truck from running rich. dave W helped and was the one that got me into it. I asked questions and got no reply(that happens a lot on this forum) at times but as I learned more, they were stupid questions. At first I watched youtube turtorials and that was confusing, and lead to more ignorant questions. The help tab on the top toolbar in tunerpro rt helped me the most, so I read the help topics and I was on my way to make a few more mistakes, but with the help of this forum I worked it out. I don't know a lot, but I can help with the getting started part of the process, data logging and working with the ostich 2.

Fuel Injected!
    Thanks for responding. I will be asking for some help shortly as I recently upgraded the 16144288 TBI ECM in my '92 4.3L S10 to a 16168625 TBI PCM out of a '93 4.3L Sierra. I decided to upgrade to a PCM since the 4.3L is semi-modified and would enable more turning. Because tuning is new to me, I wanted to be able to swap back to my stock ECM setup in the event I screwed up something when tuning. Thus, I made an adapter to do this.

At the moment, I have the adapter and 8625 installed but have a fuel issue. Once I get those issues resolved and embark on making the kinds of changes to the PCM, I will begin asking questions and seeking help.