Thread: TBI tuning

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!
    I was able to change from com1 to com 3 but no hardware found. I checked and cable was found and functional.

Fuel Injected!
    Still not connecting but I'm getting close. Could it be the wiring in the truck or the chip has a block on it?

Fuel Injected!
    I haven't been able to get Turner Pro RT to connect and have spent hours trying to, watching videos and asking help on forums, I feel like I've been lead in the wrong direction and left out to dry.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by dhworkin View Post
    I haven't been able to get Turner Pro RT to connect and have spent hours trying to, watching videos and asking help on forums, I feel like I've been lead in the wrong direction and left out to dry.
    Hey DH :-)
    Hate to see anyone get discouraged on this. I'm pretty green too. But there are a few things here that I'm not following.
    What ECM,
    what hardware,
    what XDF are you using?
    Did you download the set-up Dave suggested in post 5? I've had to run set-up several times and just keep it in my tool bar.
    It's too soon to give up.
    Bob
    Don't force it, get a bigger hammer!

Did you download the cable driver???

Fuel Injected!
    I haven't used Tunerpro in months but I believe it always says Hardware Not Found unless you have an emulator connected. You just connect the cable, load the adx file (not the xdf file), setup the comm port and then use <ctrl>F4 to connect.

Quote Originally Posted by dhworkin View Post
    What .adx file are you using??? dave w

Fuel Injected!
    Thank you for the help, I had to take a break and educate myself a lot more before attempting to connect. Now that I can connect to tunerpro rt I'm ready for the next learning curve. I'm going to try and record a data log today, which I think is the next step. The ADX file that I am using is $31, is this ok for my setup with the mod's that I have? Or does it matter? My goal is to get the fuel corrected and get better mileage.

Fuel Injected!
    I've got connection, data and can playback. What should I do next? This is getting fun and I'm ready to learn more.

Fuel Injected!
    dhworkin,

How you progressing with your learning curve? I'm also new to this kind of stuff so I am interested and going to follow this thread...although somewhat old...to learn along with you.