Thread: TBI tuning

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!

TBI tuning

Hello, glad to find this site. Bought my 95 gmc new and drove it 419500 miles before loosing oil pressure. Pulled 305 and installed 350 L31r vortec w/ lunati 20080660 cam, edelbrock 2716 vortec to carb manifold with throttle body from SPR bored to 46 mm, headers to 3in exhaust and the custom chip kit from Harris performance.I've been having trouble w/ tuning and I hope to get right with the help on this site.

Most members, including myself, use TunerPro RT to tune TBI. ... TunerPro RT can be configured for Wide Band O2 Sensor (WBO2) tuning, see attached screen shot. ... WBO2 Tuning is how I would tune your TBI engine ... dave w

Fuel Injected!
    419500 miles is impressive. You new combo should be quite an improvement. Unfortunately, TBIChips has been known to supply this type of upgrade with chips that don't work which sours the person on the EFI system being any good. So, it's a bit of a learning curve but get an emulator on it with TunerproRT and you'll get it right.

Fuel Injected!
    Thanks guys, I bought the cable and went to tunerpro,download RT, registered and I'm getting nothing on the computer ,hardware not found and XDF file invalid. I watch the tutorial on YouTube and I'm not totally computer illiterate but I must be missing that one button or that one file exchange can anyone direct me to the right direction.

Did you install the USB Cable driver? ... Here is the link for the USB Cable driver ... http://www.moates.net/usb-driver-p-215.html?cPath=78 ... When I install the driver, I plug my USB Cable into the laptop and run the CDM20824_Setup.exe file directly from the website. Sometimes I have run the CDM20824_Setup.exe a second time. ... You will need to configure the "COM PORT" after installing the driver. ... dave w

Fuel Injected!
    I downloaded cd and got a com port 3 and I'm not sure where to go from here, still want find hardware on tunerpro rt. I'm running windows 8, could that be the problem?

Fuel Injected!
    Try this as windows 8 is not the problem. Open TunerPro, Tools, Preferences, Data Act./Emulation tab and key on Configure Plug-in Component and set to comport 3 as you noted.