Thread: Another question for Dave W.

Fuel Injected!

Another question for Dave W.

Dave: With TunerPro RT, are you able to emulate, data trace a VE table and record the data all at the same time? With the APU1, I have tried that and when enabling data record, Tunerpro drops the data acquistion, then when reenabling it, the data trace bubble freezes on one cell in the VE table. Perhaps I am doing something that is not allowed in Tunerpro. How does one emulate, data trace and display AFR in TunerPro all at the same time forget about data recording?

Quote Originally Posted by rsicard View Post
    Dave: With TunerPro RT, are you able to emulate, data trace a VE table and record the data all at the same time? With the APU1, I have tried that and when enabling data record, Tunerpro drops the data acquistion, then when reenabling it, the data trace bubble freezes on one cell in the VE table. Perhaps I am doing something that is not allowed in Tunerpro. How does one emulate, data trace and display AFR in TunerPro all at the same time forget about data recording?
    I own an Ostrich 2.0. ... I do not have any experience with the APU1. ... I have not tried or attempted to data trace. ... I seem to remember that I have been able to emulate with the Ostrich 2.0 and record data at the same time. ... Not sure about WBO2, the 16197427 .adx is usually setup for WBO2. ... dave w
    Last edited by dave w; 01-07-2017 at 03:33 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    I own an Ostrich 2.0. ... I do not have any experience with the APU1. ... I have not tried or attempted to data trace. ... I seem to remember that I have been able to emulate with the Ostrich 2.0 and record data at the same time. ... Not sure about WBO2, the 16197427 .adx is usually setup for WBO2. ... dave w
    Dave: Are you using TunerPro RT with the ostrich? If so, what display parameters, besides VE or igntion tables, are used on the Tunerpro screens to tune V8 engines? There must be a way to tuner VE table/map for best AFR. Just would like to know. Still learning TunerPro RT. Still learning to tune. This is for the 7427 ECUs.

Dave: Are you using TunerPro RT with the ostrich?
    ... Yes ...
    If so, what display parameters, besides VE or igntion tables, are used on the Tunerpro screens to tune V8 engines?
    I mostly use a spreadsheet to tune with see attached screen shot. For me, most of my tuning Is Not done on the "FLY". Actually after a 15 test drive, I spend 45 minutes or more doing data analysis playing back the log or reviewing an Excel spreadsheet. ...
    There must be a way to tuner VE table/map for best AFR. Just would like to know. Still learning TunerPro RT. Still learning to tune. This is for the 7427 ECUs.
    see link http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...g)-Spreadsheet for a WBO2 tuning spreadsheet (Intermediate to Advanced Excel Skill REQUIRED) ... dave w

Fuel Injected!
    ... Yes ... I mostly use a spreadsheet to tune with see attached screen shot. For me, most of my tuning Is Not done on the "FLY". Actually after a 15 test drive, I spend 45 minutes or more doing data analysis playing back the log or reviewing an Excel spreadsheet. ... see link http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...g)-Spreadsheet for a WBO2 tuning spreadsheet (Intermediate to Advanced Excel Skill REQUIRED) ... dave w
    Dave: Again, thanks for the reply. Need to study what you have sent. Don't understand off-idle spreadsheet is partially populated, must be filtering and sorting in Excel. Did not realize that Tunerpro log file could be exported to .csv file. News to me. Do you keep adjusting the VE table/map and re-burning a revised .bin file and keep repeating until there is a good average of AFR?

Dave: Again, thanks for the reply. Need to study what you have sent. Don't understand off-idle spreadsheet is partially populated, must be filtering and sorting in Excel. Did not realize that Tunerpro log file could be exported to .csv file. News to me. Do you keep adjusting the VE table/map and re-burning a revised .bin file and keep repeating until there is a good average of AFR?
    Yes, I often need to do several data logs with corresponding updated chips (or uploads to the Ostrich 2.0). It's a good plan to tune one area at a time. A few data logs at low speed, then when the low speed VE is acceptable, then tune the higher speeds. ... Near Idle is TPS% less than 2.5% ... my spreadsheet filters near idle with Idle Flag = Yes ... dave w

Fuel Injected!
    Yes, I often need to do several data logs with corresponding updated chips (or uploads to the Ostrich 2.0). It's a good plan to tune one area at a time. A few data logs at low speed, then when the low speed VE is acceptable, then tune the higher speeds. ... Near Idle is TPS% less than 2.5% ... my spreadsheet filters near idle with Idle Flag = Yes ... dave w
    Dave: Again, thanks for the reply. I just need to absorb your posts and get out there and try that spreadsheet method. I am guessing that asking TunerPro to data trace and record at the same time is TOO MUCH to ask of it. Found that when emulating, altering certain areas of the VE table/map, the effect is not immediate as I had thought. Of course on an engine run-in stand with no dynamic load on the engine, that may be expected. At least now I am a lot more comfortable with TunerPro emulation. In thinking about it, you may not be changing portions of the VE table/map, when emulating with the ostrich. Just recording AFR data, with reference to RPM and MAP data, through and from TunerPro and then saving and converting into spreadsheet.

Fuel Injected!
    Dave: Another subject. Have you been able to record with TunerPro when emulating and data tracing with the Ostrich? When I try it with the APU1, the DA drops, then when reenabled (Double opposing blue arrows), the bubble used in data tracing freezes at one value on the VE table. Have you encountered something like this? Please advise. Thanks.

Dave: Another subject. Have you been able to record with TunerPro when emulating and data tracing with the Ostrich? When I try it with the APU1, the DA drops, then when reenabled (Double opposing blue arrows), the bubble used in data tracing freezes at one value on the VE table. Have you encountered something like this? Please advise. Thanks.
    I've been able to record a data log and emulate with the Ostrich 2.0. I have not used the TunerPro RT data tracing function. ... dave w