Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 6.5 diesel .xdf and adx

Fuel Injected!
    I wasn't planning to do any reorganization unless/until I have a personal need or someone requests something that can't be done with the current code.

I don't have one of these vehicles and the friend who's truck I tuned is very happy with how it's running now... My current plans are just to continue cleaning up the disassembly, complete my understanding of how the fueling works and continue to add accurate documentation to the xdf along with the more esoteric parameters.

A couple things that I do have in mind would be EGT logging and code modifications to properly handle an overdrive unit.

I'm having fun with this so i'm very tempted to buy a truck for myself but I really need to hold off for a while until i get some of my todo list taken care of...

Carb and Points!

6.5TD Suburban bin file

Greetings from Finland!

Happy to find this great page. Thank you for it.
    Just uploaded my suburbans BPAC bin. Hope it shows. It is my first time in this page ;)

This bin is from 1995 suburban. No EGR's from factory.
    Hex format looks much like BPDP bin.

I have already moded the turbo wastegate to spring loaded one.
    I read ECM data with GMTDScan.
    And have Dataman programmer + some flash chips.
    Can't wait to be able to tune harder shifting, less timing & more fuel.
    But still have some problems with TunerPro.

Hope I can contribute something to this awesome page :)
    Thanx
    -jh0

Quote Originally Posted by newellshk View Post
    Here is a work in progress xdf. I have found that it matches all bins that I have except BRMM which is odd because it does have an EC mask. Anyone have any idea why a bin with the same mask has a different calibration layout, and any good ways to detect that (or inform the tunerpro user how to easily and confidently check). Maybe the BRMM bin is from an already modified memcal done by a 3rd party vendor...

I have successfully used this xdf to modify shift points, fuel, and base timing (starting with a stock BPBS bin), so I know that the checksum etc works.

It's still fairly basic at the moment but does have a lot of the common stuff that one would want to change. If anyone has any requests please speak up and I'll do what I can. I do plan to continue to expand it so expect updates in the next few weeks. It doesn't currently have any EGR stuff except for the DTC enable flags. I also haven't yet added a way to modify the pump calibration tables (or emulate changing the resistor), but I'm not sure if that's very useful since you can change base timing and base fuel.

If someone with permission wants to copy the xdf to:
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...C-Turbo-Diesel
    that would be cool.

Admin note: XDF and disassembly also located at:http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...ll=1#post64990
    Attached Files Attached Files

Here is a work in progress xdf. I have found that it matches all bins that I have except BRMM which is odd because it does have an EC mask. Anyone have any idea why a bin with the same mask has a different calibration layout, and any good ways to detect that (or inform the tunerpro user how to easily and confidently check). Maybe the BRMM bin is from an already modified memcal done by a 3rd party vendor...

I have successfully used this xdf to modify shift points, fuel, and base timing (starting with a stock BPBS bin), so I know that the checksum etc works.

It's still fairly basic at the moment but does have a lot of the common stuff that one would want to change. If anyone has any requests please speak up and I'll do what I can. I do plan to continue to expand it so expect updates in the next few weeks. It doesn't currently have any EGR stuff except for the DTC enable flags. I also haven't yet added a way to modify the pump calibration tables (or emulate changing the resistor), but I'm not sure if that's very useful since you can change base timing and base fuel.

If someone with permission wants to copy the xdf to:
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...C-Turbo-Diesel
    that would be cool.

Admin note: XDF and disassembly also located at:http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...ll=1#post64990

With some of the tables, the graphs don't work?
    89 K1500 Scottsdale 5.7L 5spd 3:42 RamJet cam Dart iron TBI heads 427 PCM swap
    95 C2500 Cheyenne 6.5L turbo diesel 4L80e 4:10 DB2-4911 Manual pump conversion 0411 PCM trans control 2Bar COS
    05 Outback XT 2.5L turbo gas auto

Fuel Injected!
    Probably because one or another axis label isn't filled in. I've been slow doing the axis because I want to ensure they are accurate. I'll try to get those finished soon but please tell me if there are any specific ones that you need and i'll prioritize them.

In the meantime you could fill them in with a simple sequence (0,1,2...) and the graphs should work.

Carb and Points!
    Got it working. At last some tool to make changes.
    Can you tell what to change to get firmer shifts?
    Shift time or pressure maybe?
    Thx.

Probably because one or another axis label isn't filled in. I've been slow doing the axis because I want to ensure they are accurate. I'll try to get those finished soon but please tell me if there are any specific ones that you need and i'll prioritize them.

In the meantime you could fill them in with a simple sequence (0,1,2...) and the graphs should work.
    I see that now about the axis, I'll fiddle with it some. I don't have any in particular yet, was just playing around with it.

I have a truck that is a manual pump conversion and I'm looking to try and fix the shift points, and turn off error codes.

Thank you very much for your work.
    95 C2500 Cheyenne 6.5L turbo diesel 4L80e 4:10 DB2-4911 Manual pump conversion 0411 PCM trans control 2Bar COS

Fuel Injected!
    I would start by lowering the desired shift times. Do you have a 4l60e or 4l80e? Which shifts are soft?

I turned off error codes 13, 17, 18, 35 and 43 but error codes 17 and 18 come back. Any ideas?

Fuel Injected!
    It looks like the code doesn't check the DTC enable flags at all for those two. I'll find another way to disable. Do you care if the codes are actually gone or just that the MIL isn't illuminated?

Fuel Injected!
    I found a way to disable DTC 17 by changing the instruction that increments the counter to a NOP. In tunerpro it'll be a simple scalar where you change the value from 4C to 01, with instructions/explanation included. I'll figure out 18 then post a new xdf.

Fuel Injected!
    Here it is. The flags have been replaced by scalars, just open them and change the 4C to 01.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank you Thank you Thank you! I'll try soon and report back.

Do you care if the codes are actually gone or just that the MIL isn't illuminated?
    The shop that did the manual pump conversion 20 years ago just pulled the SES light bulb. I'd like to re enable it. They also did a super crappy job with the pedal conversion, coolant temp sensor and few other things. I reworked the pedal already, I'm super picky lol.

Fuel Injected!
    Absolutely. I wasn't implying you should disabled the SES light, only that on some masks you can choose which codes cause it to light up. In this case that wasn't an option. Regardless the solution I came up with should disable it completely. Just make sure the value of those scalars is 4C, otherwise the code layout is different and I'll need your bin to find the correct address, but I think it should be correct already.

Carb and Points!
    Just got one power bin file to observe. It has a lot of changes compared to BPDP file. Almost everything is changed. Have not tried it yet.
    I was told it has non steady Idle.
    Any interest to study it?
    Last edited by ohminen; 04-24-2017 at 12:51 PM.