Thread: Is this false knock or? also, rev-limiter?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!

Exclamation Is this false knock or? also, rev-limiter?

I've got a 383 with some noisy pistons. The engine builder put in short skirt 2618 pistons that clatter nonstop, so he's building me another engine (for free) with different alloy and clearances. Anyway, I've been chasing knock since day-1 on this car. The tuner and I have tried darn near everything, including running colder plugs, LT4 module, screwing with timing, different gas, etc. (He's a highly respected tuner, too...) Nothing has eliminated this. Also, the car completely dies at high RPM and I think its because I am hitting the rev limiter. You can't hear any knock with your ear. If anyone is willing, here's a link to the latest TTS Datamaster log. I'd really appreciate a third set of eyes on this since nobody seems to be able to sort it out. My questions are: 1. Is the knock real knock or do you think its the pistons? Trust me - they're noisy AF. The car sounds like a diesel when cold, and even when warm you can still hear them a bit. The engine builder is a HIGHLY respected builder and is making it right, but I'm kind of stuck until then. 2. What happened at the top of the RPM during WOT? 3. Anything else in this that could use some attention?And merry Christmas to you all.
    Last edited by atlantadan; 12-22-2016 at 06:40 PM.