Thread: Help connecting TunerPro!

Electronic Ignition!

Exclamation Help connecting TunerPro!

Long story short, I was datalogging via DataMaster, but then I got a new computer and found they'd discontinued it. TunerPro is about the only alternative, so I've been trying to use that. 20+ hours in, and I still can't get it to connect. If it gets past "DA: connecting" it starts getting all sorts of datastream errors, which as I understand it are from chatter from the ECM/CCM modules. I've tried CaptainKawasaki's ADX from Gearhead EFI, two others I found on the $8D thread here, and several from TunerPro's website. I'm using a 1320 Electronics bluetooth ALDL cable, my car is a '90 Corvette, and the ECM is the 1227727 (which seems somewhat of an odd combo; most ADX files I find for a '90 Corvette are for the 1227730 ECM). Does anyone have experience with a similar setup? I'm pretty much at my wits end trying to figure this out. I'm pretty techy so I tried to figure out the ADX file, but there's pretty no documentation available explaining the language.

Electronic Ignition!
    I just got it to work using CaptainKawasaki's ADX. I've tried the same file multiple times before, so there must be other variables at play. I suspect if I try again I'll find it's pretty inconsistent.

Fuel Injected!
    Your ADX should still work, that's what I use. Our corvette ECM's are pretty much the same as the other l98 cars. What I understand is that they have a different part number because they have the water resistant case. My TunerproRT was having connetion issues too. Took me forever to figure it out, nobody knew. Try opening TunerproRT then click HELP and then Check Internet for updates. That fixed my connection problems. It found an update.

Electronic Ignition!
    Interesting, thanks for the info on the ECM.I've gotten it to work consistently now. The key is to use the proper ADX, as well as to use the right COM port. The computer will create two COM ports for the bluetooth adapter, which can be seen if you right-click on the bluetooth icon in the system tray -> open settings -> "COM Ports" tab. The one listed as "outgoing" is the one to use: "outgoing" means that your computer is able to initiate the connection on that port. Select the port with that number in tunerpro settings -> data logging/acq. -> plugin settings. Oh, and for anyone that doesn't know, it takes 5-10 seconds to connect because of the way the ADX works. Hope this saves a couple people the trouble I've been through.