Thread: 400FWHP TBI build attempt thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!
    I carefully taped off the RMB seal housing and painted the back of the block, got the water jackets and all bolt holes on the deck cleaned out of the crate oil/ preservative and got the heads on. One word about the heads- for a $900 pair of heads I figured there might be one or two issues that come up. The holes for the dowels on the deck were slightly off or too small. They may have missed the finish work on those. Both sides I had to ever so gently open the holes up with a 5/16" drill bit, but after that they settled right down. My other concerns will be with the pushrod clearance and alignment to the casting. I can handle both. These heads have gotten high praise from Skip White and veteran porter Tony Sizemore at HeadBytes. Say what you will about Tony, but he did a video series of the 200cc head where ProMaxx gave him bare castings to cut up and analyze when AFR, TrickFlow, etc wouldn't do it.

I still have a number of things on the list to get it finished and buttoned up, including but far from limited to:
    Finish cleaning and painting external parts like pulley, engine mount brackets, water pump, topside brackets
    Clean front accessory brackets
    Prep and install lifters, retainers & spider
    Install intake, 180* thermostat, water neck
    Figure out brake booster plumbing fitting size
    Figure out heater to intake hose plumbing
    Flush Radiator
    Flush heater core
    Clean oil cooler lines/ fittings
    Install oil cooler block to engine block
    Clean PS pump and double check for leaks

But anyway, here's some pics. Today I'll be digging out the tuning work I started in January 2017 and start getting feedback and help with that. Again, this is going to be EBL Flash driven with VRFPR. Wish I had a week off from work to just dive in and get it all done uninterrupted. :)
    Attached Images Attached Images